News Stories Tagged Rome
One of our editors breaks down the best way to see some of the biggest sights in Rome.
Forgo the well-trodden tourist path altogether in favor of some offbeat adventuring, courtesy of these seven unique tours.
You'll find more than ancient and baroque art at these off-the-beaten-path cultural institutions in Italy's capital.
"L’aperitivo" is Italy's version of happy hour, replete with tapas-style snacks and drinks. Here are 10 places to partake of the local tradition in Rome.
Autumn is arguably the best time to visit Rome—fewer crowds, cooler temps, and endless things to do from small local festivals to tasting your way through Rome's fall bounty.
Established in 1555, Rome's Jewish Quarter has an long and rich history. And one of the best ways to discover it is through its most iconic dishes.
Whether you're a veteran Rome traveler or a first-timer, we highly recommend taking time to soak up the local culture. Break away from the tour guides and check out some of these overlooked spots.
No one would turn down a trip to Rome. Except maybe kids for whom the thought of touring ancient ruins is akin to torture. Take these insider tips on how to see the Eternal City with (happy) kids in tow.
Rome may be an ancient city, but it's thriving culinary scene certainly isn't. And while there are plenty tried-and-true institutions, local Romans and in-the-know visitors will be found at these new hotspots.
The more time you spend in Italy, the more you'll notice that Italians love telling you what to do...whether you ask them for advice or not. Straight from the source, here are 10 things NOT to do while you're vacationing on the boot.
What does the holiday season bring to Rome? Understated celebration, with lights strung up on Via Condotti, a beautiful tree in St. Peter's Square, and the iconic Christmas fair in Piazza Navona.
Every year in cities and towns across Europe, you'll find spectacular Christmas markets offering up unique and artisanal goods, local bites, and a truly magical holiday season.
Rome has it all—incredible cuisine, enticing cultural sights, and equally fantastic day trips. Here are our five top picks for quick escapes from the Eternal City.
We know you're likely headed to one of these six cities come fall, and we can't blame you. They've got it all, from Fashion Week to electronic music festivals to a marathon that ends at Versailles.
Few countries can offer what Italy can in the way of local culinary specialties, art, and architecture, Oh, and throngs of tourists. Skip the beaten paths, and hit these worthy alternatives instead.
So you've decided on a trip to Italy. Cue the flood of questions, like which airport to fly into, which hotel to book, and what sights are really worth seeing. Here are some of the most common—and their answers.
Just because you're not on the road to London right now doesn't mean you've got to sit on the couch watching the games. Get inspired and take one of these Olympics-inspired getaways.
Woody Allen's latest film is set in Rome, which he fills with as much scandal as it has ruins. We rounded up what to see, where to eat, and what to wear for a truly Allen-inspired itinerary.
There are some places, like these six cities, that draw us in time and again for their storied sights and endlessly cool vibes. So we found out what's new and cool this summer in these top destinations.
From Obama's ramped up efforts to boost tourism to Nik Wallenda's ramped up efforts to attempt a high wire above Niagara Falls, here's what we're reading now.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Last-Minute Beach Getaways for Summer
- 20 Best Day Trips in the U.S.
- 10 of Hemingway's Favorite Haunts
- Long Weekend in Lisbon
- 15 Best Beer Gardens in the U.S.
- How to Renew Your Passport
- How to Cure Jet Lag
- Wine Lover's Guide to South Africa
- 8 Cooling Beauty Products for Beating the Heat
- How to Use Twitter to Rebook a Canceled Flight
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $2349 -- Australia 4-Star Adventure w/Air & Tours, Save $710Artisan Traveler
- $3039 & up -- Cape Town Adventure w/Tours, Air & SafariGreat Value Vacations
- $439 & up -- 4-Star Puerto Rico Vacation w/Air, 40% OffCheapCaribbean.com
- $195 & up -- NYC: Weekends at 4-Star Downtown HotelSheraton New York Tribeca
- $79 -- Weekends at Dallas-Area 4-Diamond Hotel, Save 45%The Westin Park Central Dallas
- $1379 & up -- Rome, Florence & Venice 7-Nts. w/Air & TrainEuropeanDestinations.com