News Stories Tagged Rhode Island
It's easy to say that going to a hot destination in the off season will save you money, but the question remains—will it be as fun as the high season? In short... Yes. Here's how.
It's a good bet that when summer reaches sticky hot temps, you start hankering for a toes-in-the-sand weekend on a New England beach. We've rounded up where to go this summer, with a foodie focus.
A new shore-side hotel opened earlier this month in chic Newport, Rhode Island offering everything from sunny, bright colored decor to freshly baked brioche au chocolat.
Visitors to Newport are met with tons of splurge-worthy activities from yachting to the annual jazz festival, but one of the town's most romantic and scenic draws is its (totally free) Cliff Walk.
The Providence Biltmore, an iconic hotel that has made its mark on the city's skyline for years, has been purchased for a cool $16 million, and will be getting a big makeover.
Disassembled gun parts were found in three stuffed animals at a Rhode Island airport, orangutans are using iPads in Miami, and a Russian jet disappeared in Indonesia. Here's what we're reading now.
Every September and October, leaf peepers arrive to cruise along country lanes, join outdoor adventures, or simply stroll on town greens. We've got the basics to plan your trip, from tips to help predict the peak to downloadable Itineraries.
Long, wide beaches edge the New England coast from southern Maine to southern Connecticut, with dozens dotting the shores of Cape Cod, Martha’s Vineyard, and Nantucket. The waters are at their warmest in August, though they’re cold even at the height of summer along much of Maine.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 5 Reasons to Go to Charleston, South Carolina, Right Now
- Ultimate Walt Disney World 2014 Planner
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts for Families in the US
- America's 10 Best Spots for Seeing Wildflowers
- Fodor's Approved: 15 Most Stylish Women's Shoes for Travel
- Europe's Best City Escapes for Spring
- 15 Budget-Friendly Spring Getaways for 2014
- 15 Most Breathtaking World Heritage Sites
- World's Best Overwater Bungalows
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $185-$235 -- San Francisco 4-Star Hotel, 50% OffWestin St. Francis
- $749 & up -- Big Island: 4-Star Vacation w/Air & Car RentalPleasant Holidays
- $69* -- Portland to San Francisco this Spring, One WayAlaska Airlines
- $2199 -- Cuba: 5-Nt. Havana Vacation w/Air, $300 OffFriendly Planet Travel
- $84 & up -- Baltimore Hotels on Sale, up to 75% Offtrivago
- $929 & up -- Caribbean 4-Night 'Dreams' Vacation w/AirApple Vacations