News Stories Tagged Quebec
From traditional Japanese cuisine to avant-garde Italian dishes, here's what's hot in the Montreal restaurant scene right now.
Winter in Montréal can be brutal—and beautiful. Couples willing to bundle up are rewarded with one of the most romantic cities in North America.
Your days in Quebec City could easily be filled with monuments, museums, and charming neighborhoods. But save time for food—you won't want to miss the fantastic cuisine that blankets the city.
You don't have to be in Rio to celebrate Carnaval—why not head to Quebec to party sub-zero style? Think ice hotels, mulled wine, and maple syrup, and you're in for a real treat.
While the lack of snowfall across the U.S. and Canada has made this year's ski season less than ideal, a host of resorts are riding all-time highs when it comes to new amenities and adventures. From zipline tours, to a free fall waterslide, to old-fashioned sledding, there are plenty of activities to keep you busy on and off the mountain.
Festivals and carnivals featuring ice sculptures, sled dog races, sleigh rides, and more, give travelers a chance to join locals in fun, annual traditions. We've rounded up the best of the fests—from Vermont to Alaska—for you to consider while vacationing in your favorite winter wonderland.
Heading to Montreal or Quebec City for some French culture without setting foot off the continent? Even if you don't have Will and Kate's royal budget, you can still enjoy Quebec's cities to the fullest. Here's some great free things to do and ways to save from our Fodors.com community.
Canada doesn't have a national rating system for hotels, but Québec's tourism ministry rates the province's hotels and bed-and-breakfasts; the stars are more a reflection of the number of facilities than of the hotel's performance.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Checking In: Park Hyatt New York
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- 5 Reasons to Visit Addis Ababa Now
- World's Best Cruises for 2015
- World's Best Honeymoon Destinations for 2014
- 5 Reasons to Visit Houston Now
- 20 US Places to See Before You Die
- Top 5 Things to Do in Queens
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- $98-$126 -- St. Louis Hotel at Arch w/Breakfast, Save 40%Hampton Inn St. Louis-Downtown (At the Gateway Arch)
- $895 -- Norway: Northern Lights Winter Expedition, $800 OffHurtigruten
- $50-$57 -- Myrtle Beach Resort: Oceanfront & Jacuzzi SuitesSea Crest Resort
- $269 & up -- Caribbean Cruise Sale w/Choice of ExtrasNorwegian Cruise Line
- $599 -- Oceanview: 10-Nt. Panama Canal Cruise w/$100 CreditCruise.com
- $2299 -- Windstar: Luxury 7-Nt. Italy, France & Spain CruiseWindstar Cruises