News Stories Tagged Provence
Gorgeous villa in Provence with a cool, cultural backstory? Check. Horses, a full spa, tennis court, and olive grove on site? Yep. We just wish we could have this luxe new property all to ourselves.
If the scent of olive trees, honey, and flowers is in the air, you've made it to Aix-en-Provence. Well chosen. Take our insider's tips to really experience it like a local.
We travel for many reasons, not the least of which is to experience a new way of life. Whether shopping for groceries at La Boqueria in Barcelona, or taking an evening stroll through Puerto Rico’s Old San Juan neighborhood, it’s thrilling to blend in with the crowd and live like a local—if even for a moment. And there’s no better way to immerse oneself in a destination than by renting a private villa or apartment.
Ever wondered what it might be like to cook in Julia Child’s kitchen? Or look at fresh vegetables with a local’s eye? With a food history as richly varied as its produce, Provence is the ideal place to expand your culinary repertoire by signing up for some French cooking lessons.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Places Where Summer Lasts Longer
- 10 Best Home Estate Tours in the U.S.
- How to Tip When Traveling Around the World | Fodor's
- 10 Things NOT to Do at Walt Disney World | Fodor's
- 10 Books to Read Before You Go to Paris | Fodor's
- America's Best Oktoberfests
- Fall 2014 Guide to Chicago
- New Orleans' 10 Best Bars for Classic Cocktails
- Where to Go This Thanksgiving
- Top 10 Things to Do in Sonoma County (Besides Drink Wine)
- $799 -- Balcony on 2015 Caribbean Cruises w/Tips, Save $550CruCon Cruise Outlet
- $119 & up -- Baja Mexico: Weekend Cruises to EnsenadaCarnival Cruise Lines
- $109 & up -- Ends 10/14: Cruise Sale w/Onboard CreditNorwegian Cruise Line
- $104 & up -- Phoenix 4-Diamond Resort in Fall, 45% OffArizona Grand Resort
- $798* -- Exotic Cook Island fares from West Coast, R/T w/TaxAir New Zealand
- $999 & up -- Hawaii: Weeklong Cruise to 4 IslandsNorwegian Cruise Line