News Stories Tagged Prague
One of our editors explains the pros and cons of road-tripping from Prague to Zagreb.
Think Europe is best in the springtime? Think again. We've put together a fool-proof fall and holiday season week of sights, bites, and sips in Prague, Vienna, and Budapest.
Prague is a hot destination in summer months. But choose fall instead; you'll find less crowded sights, fantastic foliage, and local festivals (think wine, opera, and more), along with cooler temps.
From chic new hotels to can't-miss art events, the season's top destinations are blossoming with fresh experiences. Whether you'd like to revel in the music at Prague's spring music festival, taste wines near the vines in Paso Robles, or mingle with Tuscan locals before the summer crowds arrive, these trips are sure to brighten your season.
If you've been to Europe, you undoubtedly have a favorite square, whether it's a piazza, campo, place, platz, or plaza. Members in our forums recently shared their opinions, and Italy lead the list.
Come late November and early December, the yuletide spirit descends on Europe and festive Christmas markets pop up in towns and cities across the continent. Filled with traditional crafts, mulled wine, and tasty eats, these holiday bazaars are the perfect way to take in some local culture and stock up on special gifts for loved ones at home. Christmas may seem a long way off, but now's the time to book your trip (in fact, some of our Fodorites started planning theirs months ago). Make your yuletide list, pack some warm clothes, and get in the spirit at our favorite Christmas markets in Europe.
Paris may be the most obvious romantic destination, but there's another P-town that could give France's capital some competition: Prague. Consult the checklist—killer views, a central river, fantastic wine, incredible art, and grand countryside retreats—and you'll see why this city can offer the same dose of l'amour, often at a better price. Here are the top 5 reasons to skip over Western Europe and head to Prague when love is in the air.
Walking around where most of the locals are dead might not be at the top of your sightseeing list, but it should be. Here are four of our favorites: two you might have heard of, and two you might otherwise have overlooked.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 5 Reasons to Visit Addis Ababa Now
- Top 5 Things to Do in Queens
- 5 Reasons to Visit Houston Now
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- World's Best Honeymoon Destinations for 2014
- Fodor's Go List 2015
- Checking In: Park Hyatt New York
- 20 US Places to See Before You Die
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- $229 & up -- 7-Nt. Caribbean Cruises incl. Extras & UpgradesNorwegian Cruise Line
- $139 -- Legendary Downtown LA Hotel incl. Weekends, 40% OffMillennium Biltmore
- $162 & up -- Ireland 5-Star Hotel & Spa into the SpringTourism Ireland
- $999 & up -- Hawaii Cruise Sale w/Choice of ExtrasNorwegian Cruise Line
- $3699 -- 7-Nt. All-Inclu. Caribbean Cruise w/Drinks & AirRegent Seven Seas Cruises
- $4999 -- Balcony: Alaska Luxury Cruise w/Air & All ToursRegent Seven Seas Cruises