News Stories Tagged Phoenix
Capitalizing on America's "national shopping day", hotels across the country, located near major shopping malls, are packing in the perks. Here are six of the best Black Friday hotel deals.
There's much more to a hotel than just bedrooms and lobby bars—there are unique histories and quirky facts galore. And there's plenty you probably don't know about these classic American hotels.
Nothing beats a getaway with the girls, whether you hit a nearby foodie haven like Portland for the weekend or make it a far-flung jaunt to scope out the big five in Kenya or sip champagne in Australia.
Celebrate spring by watching the butterflies flutter by at the Desert Botanical Garden of Phoenix, Arizona during their Spring Butterfly Exhibit.
For architecture enthusiasts, there's nothing more gratifying than a tour of a revered building, guided by an informed insider. Some hotels offer architectural tours—typically led by a hotel’s concierge, an in-house historian, or an outside expert—that offer behind-the-scenes glimpses into a hotel’s heyday, from Mid-Century Modern at Scottsdale’s Hotel Valley Ho to Art Deco at Chicago’s Palmer House Hilton. We’ve rounded up five architecture-themed hotel tours here that rank tops, and best of all, you don’t have to spring for a room to sign up for one—non-hotel guests can simply call ahead to reserve a spot.
The Heard Museum in Phoenix, Arizona, has an incredible gift shop with authentic, high-quality goods purchased directly from Native American artists.
When we found out that Serious Eats, our favorite foodie blog, was publishing a book on the best eats in America, we got an exclusive list of the most travel-worthy, must-try dishes in the country.
Book online to get your desired time. Most courses are connected to reservation services that book tee times online, up to a week in advance. Get availability, pricing, and discounted tee time information by logging on to an individual course’s Web site.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 15 Festivals to Attend Before You Die
- 10 Best National Parks to Visit This Winter
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guides
- 10 Cheeses Worth Traveling For
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Under $100
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Stocking Stuffers
- 11 Cyber Monday Travel Deals at Beach Hotels
- World's 10 Best Ski Towns for Foodies
- Top 15 Warm-Weather Resorts for Families
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Kids
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $525 -- Luxe Rio de Janeiro Resort over New Year's EveSheraton Rio Hotel & Resort
- $699 & up -- Cancun All-Inclusive Beach Escape w/AirApple Vacations
- $949 & up -- Caribbean: 7-Nt. Cruise on World's Largest ShipRoyal Caribbean
- $599 & up -- Weeklong Southern Caribbean CruiseRoyal Caribbean
- $869 & up -- Westin Maui 3-Nt. Vacation w/AirPleasant Holidays