News Stories Tagged Passports and Visas
Losing an ID, passport, or credit card can really put a damper on an otherwise fabulous trip. Be armed before you hit the road with these key next steps to recovering your things and minimizing stress.
Certain countries, such as South Africa, won't let you enter with a passport that will expire less than 30 days after your planned departure from the country; also, you need two blank pages in your passport to enter South Africa.
The policy of leaving your passport with the desk is now somewhat moot—in-room safes mean travelers can store them there, and all a hotel really needs for their protection is to see your passport and copy down the passport number.
Do your kids have spring break plans—with our without you? Learn more about the difference between adult and child passports and when you need special documentation to travel with children.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- 10 Best River Cruises for 2015
- Fodor's Approved: 15 Most Stylish Women's Shoes for Travel
- A Fool-Proof Amalfi Coast Itinerary
- The 7 Best Family Beaches in the East
- Ten Things NOT to Do in Italy
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- 10 Under-the-Radar Attractions in the U.S.
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in Paris
- $1499 & up -- Ecuador: 6-Night Trip w/Air, Tours and MealsFriendly Planet Travel
- $850* & up -- Fly to Brazil from the U.S. (Roundtrip)TAM Airlines
- $2499 -- 10-Nt. Luxe Caribbean Cruise w/Air from 26 CitiesOceania Cruises
- $119 -- Miami: South Beach 4-Star Hotel in Summer, 40% OffWinter Haven, Autograph Collection
- $615 -- Weeklong US & Canada Cruise on Royal CaribbeanCruiseDeals
- $79 -- All-Inclusive Cancun Resort w/Kids Stay Free, 60% OffBookIt.com