News Stories Tagged Oxford
Can't wait until September when season three of Downton Abbey arrives on your telly? Take a 7-day tour of the picturesque and historic filming locations throughout England.
London is 2012's "it" spot, with its popularity booming as it hunkers down to host the Olympics and the Queen's Diamond Jubilee. As spectacular as the city is, however, it's a shame to be locked down within its limits: There's just too much to explore within easy day tripping-distance. Here are our picks for the best day trips from London—the ones Londoners themselves can't resist. They're primed for what the Brits call a "day return," but can easily be extended to include an overnight stay as part of a longer UK vacation.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- Ten Things NOT to Do in Italy
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- Top 20 Free Things to Do in NYC
- The 7 Best Family Beaches in the East
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- Top 6 Alaskan Cruises for 2014
- 15 Things NOT to Do in New York City
- 10 Best Regional Theaters in the U.S.
- $499 & up -- Bahamas Cruise Sale w/Choice of ExtrasNorwegian Cruise Line
- $149 & up -- Bahamas Long Weekend Cruises incl. NassauNorwegian Cruise Line
- $959 & up -- Puerto Vallarta 4-Star All-Incl. Escape w/AirApple Vacations
- $1199 -- NZ: South Island Wine & Wildlife Trip w/CarTravelscene
- $92 & up -- LA: Long Beach Hotel incl. Breakfast, 40% OffBookIt.com
- $329 & up -- 7-Nt. Caribbean Cruises on Norwegian w/ExtrasNorwegian Cruise Line