News Stories Tagged Oxford
Can't wait until September when season three of Downton Abbey arrives on your telly? Take a 7-day tour of the picturesque and historic filming locations throughout England.
London is 2012's "it" spot, with its popularity booming as it hunkers down to host the Olympics and the Queen's Diamond Jubilee. As spectacular as the city is, however, it's a shame to be locked down within its limits: There's just too much to explore within easy day tripping-distance. Here are our picks for the best day trips from London—the ones Londoners themselves can't resist. They're primed for what the Brits call a "day return," but can easily be extended to include an overnight stay as part of a longer UK vacation.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 25 Things To Do in New York This Fall
- Europe's 10 Most Epic Hiking Trails
- 10 Best U.S. Train Trips to Take This Fall
- Global Entry vs. TSA PreCheck: Which One Is Right for You?
- 10 Places to Go This Fall
- How to Get a Seat Upgrade
- Ultimate Guide to European Rail Passes
- What's the One Thing Fodor's Editors Never Travel Without?
- Wine Lover's Guide to St. Helena
- Vote for Fodor's Travel to Go to the 2015 SXSW Festival
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $1275 & up -- U.S. River Cruises w/Hotel Stay, Half OffAmerican Queen Steamboat Company
- $105-$115 -- Costa Rica All-Inclusive Beach Hotel, Save 25%Hotel Riu Guanacaste
- $721* & up -- Europe Fall Fares from the U.S., R/TAir France
- $1474 -- Oceanview: 12-Nt. Europe Cruise w/Tips & All DrinksCruCon Cruise Outlet
- $219 -- Hawaii: Waikiki 4-Star Beach Resort, Save 30%Waikiki Beach Marriott Resort and Spa
- $2668* & up -- Fly to Australia in Premium Economy, R/TAir New Zealand