News Stories Tagged Outdoors
The Aran Islands (Inishmore, Inishmaan, and Inisheer) are three small, but adventure-packed islands off the coast of Ireland. Think craggy cliffs, lush green landscapes, and Bronze Age ruins.
Forget the snow-capped peaks for now and consider Colorado your next summertime destination. In warm weather, the Rocky Mountain State delivers with endless festivals and outdoor activities.
Go beyond Cabo San Lucas and discover the real Baja in towns like Todos Santos and Pescadero. Think empty beaches, no-name taco stands, stunning hiking trails, and nightly pink sunsets.
Nature factors into everything in Vancouver, from the diverse and thriving food scene to the ample opportunities to hike high and swim low. Spring and summer is the best time to experience it all.
Montana's Resort at Paw's Up was already setting the bar for ultra-plush camping. But they're upping the ante on their posh offerings still, with the opening of their Cliffside Camp next month.
The Atacama desert in Chile is the driest place on Earth. And its surreal and dramatic landscape is now host to a handful of properties that offer a mix of luxury stays with a healthy dose of adventure.
Come springtime, Washington DC's draw is its gorgeous cherry blossoms. But there's so much more to see and do this season, from soon-to-close exhibits to spotting bald eagles and water lillies.
Home to the picturesque Ring of Kerry, Killarney National Park, and Blarney Castle, Southwest Ireland boasts contrasting landscapes, mild climes, great outdoor adventures, and charming B&Bs.
Surrounded by the jagged, snow-dusted Rockies on every side, Canmore is an adventurer's (and a photographer's) dream, where you can indulge in the great outdoors all year round.
Leaving Fido at home? Don't have a Fido, but wish you did? Whatever your status, pairing up with a pet on the road can make for some thrilling adventures, from dog-sledding to swimming with pigs.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 6 Dream Travel Jobs that Actually Exist
- Top 20 Spring Day Trips From New York City
- 4 Perfect Southern Summer Itineraries
- Fodor's Approved: Best Checked Luggage
- Airline Uniforms Get a Fashion Update
- 5 Last-Minute Memorial Day Deals
- 10 Best Small Towns in America
- Tips from the Jet Set: How to Do Paris Right
- Most Popular Honeymoon Destinations (and Where to Stay)
- Best Day Trips from Paris
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1363* & up -- Premium Economy to London, R/TBritish Airways
- $529 & up -- Summer: Italy-Greece-Turkey 7-Night CruiseRoyal Caribbean
- $985 & up -- Panama: 7-Nt. City, Jungle & Beach Tour w/AirLatinEscapes.com
- $1527 & up -- Machu Picchu: 8-Nt. Trek w/Inca Trail HikingLatinEscapes.com