News Stories Tagged Olympics
Feeling that Olympics fever? Well then you're in luck—individual tickets for the 2014 Winter Olympics in Sochi, Russia, go on sale Monday, February 11.
The Olympics are nearly upon us, meaning all eyes will be on London. To criss-cross the city in style from day to night (or pay homage to all-things-British stateside), take these essential style cues.
Just because you're not on the road to London right now doesn't mean you've got to sit on the couch watching the games. Get inspired and take one of these Olympics-inspired getaways.
What with Tube, street, and sidewalk traffic guaranteed in London for the coming weeks, smart locals are getting out of town. Avoiding airports, they're taking cars, trains, and ferries to these choice spots.
You may think that braving Heathrow this summer is only worth it if you've got a ticket to the Olympics. But we rounded up 10 other reasons to hit London that have nothing to do with gold medals or speed-walking.
From the Olympic torch's international flight to Miami's self-billed gay resort's trip up to Manhattan and the Costa Concordia's final pull out of the water, we're reading about it all.
From following the Olympic torch straight to the July 27th opening ceremony to avoiding Canadian airport scanners, and everything in between, here's what we're reading now.
London hotel stays are will be even pricier than they usually are during the summer's Olympics. So spring for one of these great alternatives, like luxury serviced apartments and home swaps, instead.
With London revving up to host the 2012 Olympic Games, following closely on the heels of the Queen's Diamond Jubilee celebrations, travel demand for the UK capital is hotter than ever. We've rounded up expert tips for some gold medal-worthy advice on planning your trip to London ahead of the year's main events.
Service on many tube lines in London will be disrupted—especially on weekends—as widespread improvements program continues before the 2012 Olympics. Check the tube's web site for up-to-date information.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 11 Cyber Monday Travel Deals at Beach Hotels
- 15 Festivals to Attend Before You Die
- Ultimate Safari Planner
- 10 Best National Parks to Visit This Winter
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Stocking Stuffers
- 10 Cheeses Worth Traveling For
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Kids
- Venice's Ban on Cruise Ships: What it Means for You
- World's 10 Coolest Ice Hotels
- America's Best Wine Bars
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $525 -- Luxe Rio de Janeiro Resort over New Year's EveSheraton Rio Hotel & Resort
- $699 & up -- Cancun All-Inclusive Beach Escape w/AirApple Vacations
- $949 & up -- Caribbean: 7-Nt. Cruise on World's Largest ShipRoyal Caribbean
- $599 & up -- Weeklong Southern Caribbean CruiseRoyal Caribbean
- $869 & up -- Westin Maui 3-Nt. Vacation w/AirPleasant Holidays