News Stories Tagged Nicaragua
From Arkansas to Nicaragua, we've got our ear to the ground when it comes to the hottest new hotels. So with a new year ahead, we're sharing which soon-to-open properties we are most excited for.
Many people here love a spirited discussion about the direction the country should take. If your Spanish is up to the task, don't be afraid to listen in—though within the confines of the local cantina, take what you hear with a grain of salt.
Nicaragua's natural beauty is the real star of the most recent edition of Survivor—a series long known for highlighting fabulous locales. Unlike contestants, though, visitors needn't subsist on rice and bugs or compete in over-the-top challenges to enjoy them. Be sure to check out our top five experiences before extinguishing your torch and returning home.
A tip is only expected at pricier restaurants, where it’s often included (look for servicio on the check). Since most servers receive only minimal compensation, even a cordoba or two is a nice gesture at cheaper restaurants. Taxi drivers aren’t tipped. Generally, any stranger who offers to do you a favor (like watch your parked car) expects a tip.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 US Islands Where You Can Beat the Winter Blues
- 5 Reasons to Go to Charleston, South Carolina Right Now
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts for Families in the US
- 10 Great Spots in Paris with a Literary History
- Top 10 Places to Go This Spring
- 15 Budget-Friendly Spring Getaways for 2014
- World's Best Overwater Bungalows
- Fodor's Approved: 15 Most Stylish Women's Shoes for Travel
- Europe's Best City Escapes for Spring
- Where to Eat at This Year's SXSW Festival
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $349 -- Cruise from US to Europe w/Upgrades; Kids Sail FreeNorwegian Cruise Line
- $110 & up -- Boston Hotels on Sale, up to 75% Offtrivago
- $929 & up -- Caribbean 4-Night 'Dreams' Vacation w/AirApple Vacations
- $897* -- Fly to Exotic Cook Islands from West Coast, R/TAir New Zealand
- $1009 & up -- Oahu & Kauai 6-Nts. w/Air, Hotels & TransferTripMasters.com
- $599 & up -- All-Incl. Puerto Plata Escape w/Air, Half OffCheapCaribbean.com