News Stories Tagged New York
Sleepy Hollow and Tarrytown are the breeding ground of one of America's quintessential ghost stories. Follow the Headless Horseman's trail through true Halloween country in New York's Hudson Valley.
Winter may be for snow sports, and summer for swimming, but there is no shortage of outdoor activities for adventurous travelers come fall. Read on for nine great ways to "fall" into the great outdoors.
Yesterday's debut of the Viceroy New York marks the luxury-minded hotel chain's first property in the city, and offers yet another reason to head to the Big Apple this fall.
This week we put our heads together to deliver some intel on a few truly excellent locations. We're definitely in a New York state of mind and California dreaming with some serious Caribbean fever.
The NYC Wine and Food Festival is around the corner. And that means household name chefs from across the country will descend on the Big Apple for four food-filled days. We caught up with three major players to get the inside track.
It's easy to say that going to a hot destination in the off season will save you money, but the question remains—will it be as fun as the high season? In short... Yes. Here's how.
Craving an escape from your multitasking, tech-filled days? We recommend a farm stay, where the tactile pleasures of feeding animals, picking blackberries, and wading in a stream can be more restorative than a day at the spa. These 7 properties give you a taste of the simple life—if only for a week.
Peter Beard has been chronicling Africa for nearly 50 years (not to mention photographing models, first ladies, and pop artists in the meantime). Jetsetting between his tented settlement in Kenya and homes in Manhattan and Montauk, he's easily one of our most iconic Tastemakers.
The Quin Hotel opens this fall with trendy amenities on prime Midtown real estate, along with tempting eats and sips at their Wayfarer restaurant and a chic, artsy-luxe look.
Niagara Falls is a bucket-list-worthy sight to behold, whether you're ogling it from the Canada side, the NY side, or both. Here's how to check it out from every angle.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 11 Cyber Monday Travel Deals at Beach Hotels
- 15 Festivals to Attend Before You Die
- Ultimate Safari Planner
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Stocking Stuffers
- 10 Cheeses Worth Traveling For
- Venice's Ban on Cruise Ships: What it Means for You
- America's Best Wine Bars
- World's 10 Coolest Ice Hotels
- 15 Best Places to Drink Hot Chocolate in America
- 10 Best US Ski Resorts for Families
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $525 -- Luxe Rio de Janeiro Resort over New Year's EveSheraton Rio Hotel & Resort
- $699 & up -- Cancun All-Inclusive Beach Escape w/AirApple Vacations
- $949 & up -- Caribbean: 7-Nt. Cruise on World's Largest ShipRoyal Caribbean
- $599 & up -- Weeklong Southern Caribbean CruiseRoyal Caribbean
- $869 & up -- Westin Maui 3-Nt. Vacation w/AirPleasant Holidays