News Stories Tagged New Hampshire
What's old is new again, as brewers across the country rediscover the ancient alcoholic beverage mead. Discover the historic, heady beverage at small-batch tasting rooms and craft distilleries nationwide.
It's a good bet that when summer reaches sticky hot temps, you start hankering for a toes-in-the-sand weekend on a New England beach. We've rounded up where to go this summer, with a foodie focus.
Some weekends, you're looking for more rugged terrain than city sidewalks. Cue New Hampshire's White Mountains, where we hut-hopped, hiked, and ate fresh, mouthwatering food.
New England hosts a cornucopia of food festivals throughout summer and fall that pay tribute to local food and cuisine, from blueberries to lobster, and cheese to chowder. We've rounded up five of the most delicious celebrations honoring regional culinary delights, for an unforgettable taste of New England.
Emerge from the long winter with a wellness-inspired pick-me-up—set out for a rejuvenating getaway with one of these 10 best spa trips around the globe. From mountain escapes in the forests of New Hampshire and New York to traditional Thai massages in exotic Bangkok to a Great Barrier Reef-neighboring oasis Down Under (and beyond), our list of top spa trips offers a variety of tempting destinations wide and far that are primed for some well-deserved R & R.
While most Americans spend Thanksgiving at home with family, others hit the road for a true holiday. Here are some of our favorite deals across the U.S., from luxury resorts to cozy inns.
Every September and October, leaf peepers arrive to cruise along country lanes, join outdoor adventures, or simply stroll on town greens. We've got the basics to plan your trip, from tips to help predict the peak to downloadable Itineraries.
In New England, shoppers can pick up serious antiques or quirky bric-a-brac in old mills and converted barns. Or hit funky galleries or annual craft fairs to meet artisans and buy one-of-a-kind products.
Long, wide beaches edge the New England coast from southern Maine to southern Connecticut, with dozens dotting the shores of Cape Cod, Martha’s Vineyard, and Nantucket. The waters are at their warmest in August, though they’re cold even at the height of summer along much of Maine.
Summer's over and you need something to look forward to, right? A quick trip out into the country makes the perfect antidote to the back-to-school blues. From Boston to Seattle, here are our favorite long weekend trips away from the major cities.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- New All-Inclusive Resort Azul Sensatori Jamaica Opens in Negril
- Fodor's Go List 2015
- Ten Things NOT to Do in Italy
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in Paris
- 5 Reasons to Visit Addis Ababa Now
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- World's Best Honeymoon Destinations for 2014
- $119 -- Boston: Cambridge Hotel Suite w/Wi-Fi, 35% OffDoubleTree Suites by Hilton Boston - Cambridge
- $999 & up -- Hawaii Cruise Sale w/Choice of ExtrasNorwegian Cruise Line
- $549 & up -- Mexico Riviera Cruises w/Upgrades & ExtrasNorwegian Cruise Line
- $50-$57 -- Myrtle Beach Resort: Oceanfront & Jacuzzi SuitesSea Crest Resort
- $289 & up -- Ends 1/31: Cruise Sale w/Up to $300 CreditNorwegian Cruise Line
- $199 & up -- Mediterranean Cruises incl. Italy & SpainNorwegian Cruise Line