News Stories Tagged New Hampshire
It's a good bet that when summer reaches sticky hot temps, you start hankering for a toes-in-the-sand weekend on a New England beach. We've rounded up where to go this summer, with a foodie focus.
Some weekends, you're looking for more rugged terrain than city sidewalks. Cue New Hampshire's White Mountains, where we hut-hopped, hiked, and ate fresh, mouthwatering food.
New England hosts a cornucopia of food festivals throughout summer and fall that pay tribute to local food and cuisine, from blueberries to lobster, and cheese to chowder. We've rounded up five of the most delicious celebrations honoring regional culinary delights, for an unforgettable taste of New England.
Emerge from the long winter with a wellness-inspired pick-me-up—set out for a rejuvenating getaway with one of these 10 best spa trips around the globe. From mountain escapes in the forests of New Hampshire and New York to traditional Thai massages in exotic Bangkok to a Great Barrier Reef-neighboring oasis Down Under (and beyond), our list of top spa trips offers a variety of tempting destinations wide and far that are primed for some well-deserved R & R.
While most Americans spend Thanksgiving at home with family, others hit the road for a true holiday. Here are some of our favorite deals across the U.S., from luxury resorts to cozy inns.
Every September and October, leaf peepers arrive to cruise along country lanes, join outdoor adventures, or simply stroll on town greens. We've got the basics to plan your trip, from tips to help predict the peak to downloadable Itineraries.
In New England, shoppers can pick up serious antiques or quirky bric-a-brac in old mills and converted barns. Or hit funky galleries or annual craft fairs to meet artisans and buy one-of-a-kind products.
Long, wide beaches edge the New England coast from southern Maine to southern Connecticut, with dozens dotting the shores of Cape Cod, Martha’s Vineyard, and Nantucket. The waters are at their warmest in August, though they’re cold even at the height of summer along much of Maine.
Summer's over and you need something to look forward to, right? A quick trip out into the country makes the perfect antidote to the back-to-school blues. From Boston to Seattle, here are our favorite long weekend trips away from the major cities.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 15 Festivals to Attend Before You Die
- 10 Best National Parks to Visit This Winter
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guides
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Under $100
- World's 10 Best Ski Towns for Foodies
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Stocking Stuffers
- 10 Cheeses Worth Traveling For
- Incredible Private Pools at 7 Worldwide Hotels
- Top 15 Warm-Weather Resorts for Families
- 7 Quirky American Winter Festivals
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $449 & up -- 5-Night Bermuda Cruise on Royal CaribbeanAmerican Express Travel
- $257 & up -- Riviera Maya All-Inclusive Adults-Only ResortExcellence Riviera Cancun
- $419 & up -- 4-Night Caribbean Cruise to CozumelRoyal Caribbean
- $1599 & up -- 'World's Best' Caribbean Cruises, over 60% OffWindstar Cruises
- $894* -- Fly to Exotic Cook Islands from West Coast, R/TAir New Zealand