News Stories Tagged National Parks
Summer is the perfect season to see the country's national parks come alive. Here are the 10 best to visit this summer.
Make the most of your visit to this majestic national park by following our expert tips for planning your getaway.
Whether you want to slumber under the stars or within the confines of a National Historic Landmark, here's everything you need to know about where to stay in Yosemite.
We’ve handpicked the 10 best national parks for springtime revelry, from Tennessee to Alaska to California. Now it’s your turn to start planning a trip.
At Fodor's, our goal is to write stories that stoke the travel passions of our readers. Based on traffic results, 2013 was a year to celebrate the natural beauty of the world around us.
Whether you’re wishing for a winter wonderland, or a winter escape, check out our picks for the 10 best national parks to visit this winter.
November 17 is known as National Take a Hike day. While we're not sure if that refers to telling some to "get lost" or actually getting off the couch to explore our country, we're going with the latter.
Lakes offer some of water's most alluring qualities, mesmerizing ripples, mirror-like reflections, and crstyalline clarity. The world has millions of them, from tiny grass-lined ponds to massive freshwater expanses easily mistaken for oceans, but some lakes simply stand out more than others. Here are 20 of the world's most beautiful lakes.
You don’t have to travel far to experience America’s awe-inspiring natural beauty. Check out our 10 picks for the best fall foliage destinations.
Fall is one of the best times to go discover the immense natural beauty of Utah and its national parks. Hike the day away and find great eats by night, but pack these key stylish picks first.
Check out our picks for the 10 must-see National Parks in the fall, with tips on what makes these places so special this time of year, from wildlife activity to fewer crowds. Whether you prefer to drive through, or hike through, these parks will prove unforgettable.
When planning a trip to one of the country's national parks, you might not have great wine lists at the top of your wishlist. Well, you're missing out.
Much of the new Lone Ranger, just released this week, was shot on location in Utah, using landscapes like Monument Valley, Arches and Canyonlands, and more. Step into the film with this Lone Ranger-approved itinerary.
Some spectacular new sites earned coveted spots on the UNESCO World Heritage Sites list last week, representing the best of what the world has to offer in natural and cultural beauty.
Instead of going on the same ol' summertime trips, why not switch it up? From a US city making a major comeback to an iconic southeast African destination, here are our top summer getaway picks.
The desert landscapes of Utah's five national parks are astounding. Overwhelming, even. So we're here to help you navigate this state's embarrassment of outdoor riches with a long weekend itinerary.
This week (April 20-28) is National Parks Week, meaning visitors can enjoy the great outdoors sans entry fee. Whether you go this week, or spread your trips out all summer-long, these are the six parks to hit this year.
You could write your own Insider's Guide to Austin, we know. But there's plenty more Texas to discover, and we suggest starting with West Texas. Here's our guide to Big Bend, Marfa, and more.
Tired of the same ol' tropical getaways? No, we're not either, but this year we're dying to shake up the classic spring break trips. From skiing to zip-lining, you really won't miss the beach (or the crowds).
Have you met our nation's new national park yet? Pinnacles got the honor just last month (it is California's ninth, putting the state in the lead), and offers the chance to spot a California condor.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Stunning Hotels in Unexpected Places
- 10 Restaurants Worth a Day Trip in Europe
- 15 Best Beer Gardens in the U.S.
- How to Pack Light for a Trip
- World's Most Luxurious Wine Country Hotels
- Best Credit Cards for Travelers
- 20 Best Day Trips in the U.S.
- 10 Last-Minute Beach Getaways for Summer
- Seafood Lover's Guide to Brittany, France
- 10 Natural and Organic Beauty Products Worth Packing
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $899 -- Suite on Princess 7-Night Cruises w/$275 CreditCruCon Cruise Outlet
- $1639 & up -- Bangkok, Singapore & Hong Kong 9 Nts. w/AirTripMasters.com
- $3599 -- Suite: 10-Nt. Award-Winning Asia Cruise on WindstarWindstar Cruises
- $2149 & up -- Luxe China River Cruise w/Air, $1100 OffVacances Sinorama
- $119 -- Wisconsin: Water Park Resort Suite thru SummerTimber Ridge Lodge & Waterpark
- $1237 & up -- 6-Nt Tokyo & Beijing Package w/Air & HotelsTripMasters.com