News Stories Tagged Nantucket
Fresh seafood, winding beaches, and not a chain store in sight. Here are five tempting reasons to visit Nantucket this summer.
It may seem odd, but you've got to get to Nantucket now. Best known as a summer destination, foodies know that come October it's scallop season in Nantucket.
This idyllic New England enclave is a summertime haven. We've laid out a whole (long) weekend for you, from bike rides down cobblestone streets to fresh seafood dinners in the salty ocean air.
Nantucket's newest boutique hotel offers a true New England-style retreat with all the comforts of home (plus homemade scones and fireside cocktails) in a romantic beach setting.
The Nantucket Wine Festival draws sommeliers, winemakers, chefs, and passionate imbibers together every year for a five-day extravaganza of wine tastings, food pairings, seminars, and more.
What's the best way to beat winter blues? Getting the rental process started for this summer's dream beach vacation. In just a few months, you'll be asking, "Why don't we live here all year long?"
Some say it's not summer till you've got your boat shoes on. What? No one says that? They should, particularly if they're in Nantucket. Pack up your all-American classics for this chic weekend trip.
It may be tiny, but Nantucket is full of bold, mouthwatering cuisine in some pretty swank restaurants. More than that, it's fairly wine-soaked with extensive wine lists and an annual wine fest.
This week, Mark and Gwenn Snider, announced the opening of their second hotel, the Nantucket Hotel and Resort. The property has undergone several years of renovations which have doubled its size and restored the original architectural style.
Beaches are more than just the perfect summer setting—they're also prime places for fictitious dramas to unfold. These new novels do just that on some perennial favorite beaches.
The Nantucket Wine Festival returns May 16–20, 2012 with over 200 wineries from around the country pouring their finest vintages.
This June, visitors to Nantucket Island can bunk down at the new Chapman House hotel, set to open its doors in the heart of Old Nantucket Town. The property will exude a modern beach-house feel with retro-chic touches.
If this premature spring flush already has you dreaming of weekends in the country, we've got good news for you: Early-season savings on hotel stays make it a cinch to get out of town this spring (and if the weather continues on its steady incline, you may experience prime beach weather as soon as April!). Check out these spring discounts in easy-access destinations for Northeasterners: Nantucket, Long Island wine country, and Atlantic City.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- Ten Things NOT to Do in Italy
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- Top 20 Free Things to Do in NYC
- The 7 Best Family Beaches in the East
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- Top 6 Alaskan Cruises for 2014
- 15 Things NOT to Do in New York City
- 10 Best Regional Theaters in the U.S.
- $589 & up -- Cabo: Riu Tropical Getaway w/Air, $420 OffCheapCaribbean.com
- $129 & up -- Suite: Luxe All-Incl. Puerto Rico Beach ResortBookIt.com
- $159 -- Downtown Pittsburgh Convention Center Hotel, 45% OffThe Westin Convention Center, Pittsburgh
- $249 -- Last Minute: 5-Night Caribbean Cruise on CelebrityCruise.com
- $1199 -- NZ: South Island Wine & Wildlife Trip w/CarTravelscene
- $69* & up -- Nationwide Fares on Award-Winning Airline, O/WVirgin America