News Stories Tagged Montreal
From traditional Japanese cuisine to avant-garde Italian dishes, here's what's hot in the Montreal restaurant scene right now.
Winter in Montréal can be brutal—and beautiful. Couples willing to bundle up are rewarded with one of the most romantic cities in North America.
Summer is the best time to explore Canada's expanses by car—the snow is gone, wildflowers are in bloom, and what's a summer road trip without fresh seafood? Here are four ways to go.
Nothing is as hot in Canada in wintertime as the Montreal en Lumiere festival. (Nothing's really hot at that time, anyway, but you know what we mean.) We went, we saw, (we ate a lot), we conquered.
Whether it's a bachelorette party or a gaggle of girls who are looking to get away, we've got just the spot. From boutique-meets-outdoors Jamaica to charming, cool Montreal, this is where to book now.
North America may be slow on the bike sharing uptake, but the rest of the world has already fallen for its charm and convenience. Here, a roundup of many cities where bike sharing is well under way.
Montreal is a great escape, made better by its proximity—you'll feel like you're in Paris without the exchange rate and long-haul flight. And one of the best ways to explore the city is on two wheels.
We know you're likely headed to one of these six cities come fall, and we can't blame you. They've got it all, from Fashion Week to electronic music festivals to a marathon that ends at Versailles.
It's that time again—the Montreal Jazz Fest will bring more than two million people to town this weekend. Navigate it like an insider with this guide on what to see, where to eat, and where to stay.
Whether you go for the jazz festival, the art, or the poutine, Montreal makes for a fantastic, charming city break. To make it an ultra chic getaway, take these style cues.
Summer trips are nothing if not brag-worthy—and hitting the same place every year isn't cutting it. From Philly to Sicily, our top picks have tons going on this summer from festivals to great new eats to off-season deals.
Known for its jazz festival, chewy bagels, and guilty pleasure snack poutine, Montreal is one of the best places for a city breaks in North America. And now its time to discover its underground art scene.
With fall in full swing and the weather starting to chill, it's time to get your palette primed for hearty winter fare. Here are our top picks for the weeks ahead to give your stomach the workout it needs before the big Thanksgiving feast.
Heading to Montreal or Quebec City for some French culture without setting foot off the continent? Even if you don't have Will and Kate's royal budget, you can still enjoy Quebec's cities to the fullest. Here's some great free things to do and ways to save from our Fodors.com community.
Note that the network of tunnels, shops, and subway lines beneath the city’s surface is so large that you'll want to use the Métro to save time and energy. Remember: It's easy to get lost.
Just about every Montrealer thinks of him or herself as a gourmet. And, indeed, the city has hundreds of restaurants, markets, and food boutiques catering to just about every conceivable taste—from hot dogs stimés to steak Diane. Sampling all this without packing on the pounds would be a Mission Impossible, but a brisk gourmet walk could limit the damage.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- A Fool-Proof Amalfi Coast Itinerary
- Ten Things NOT to Do in Italy
- Fodor's Approved: 15 Most Stylish Women's Shoes for Travel
- 10 Best River Cruises for 2015
- Europe's 8 Most Picturesque Towns
- 10 Things Not to Do on a Cruise
- 10 Under-the-Radar Attractions in the U.S.
- The 7 Best Family Beaches in the East
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- $179-$229 -- San Diego 4-Star Hotel into Summer, $100 OffThe Westin San Diego Gaslamp Quarter
- $689 & up -- Punta Cana: Luxe All-Inclusive Getaway w/AirCheapCaribbean.com
- $135 & up -- 4-Star Downtown Indianapolis Hotel, 35% OffThe Westin Indianapolis
- $99-$109 -- St. Louis Hotel into Baseball Season, Save 40%St. Louis City Center Hotel
- $68 & up -- Top-Rated D.C.-Area Hotel w/Breakfast, 30% OffEVEN Hotel Rockville
- $79 -- CA: Sacramento River Retreat near Mt. Shasta, 40% OffGaia Hotel and Spa