News Stories Tagged Minnesota
Got cabin fever? Just because the temperature is dropping doesn't mean the outdoorsy fun has to stop. Take a page from these weird and wacky festivals around the country, and celebrate the snow.
Minnesota, with its gorgeous scenery, charming small towns, and flat terrain, is the perfect place for a road trip. Author Amy Thielen divulges her favorite in-state road trip with stops for everything from candy cigarettes to house-smoked Lake Superior fish.
The best city in the US for parks and the second best for bikes, Minneapolis has that whole quality of life thing down. Go now to ogle the awesome Sculpture Garden and dine like a (Nordic) king.
For all the interesting, artsy goings-on in the Twin Cities, there's a surprising lack of independently-owned boutique hotels. Until now, with the recent opening of the chic, new Commons Hotel.
Good news: your teen won't be the only one begging to go to the Mall of America once the Radisson Blu opens on March 15th.
There's something romantic about lighthouses, isn't there? Now's the time of year to voyage to some of the country's most beautiful, from California to Alabama, illuminated by the colors of fall.
Festivals and carnivals featuring ice sculptures, sled dog races, sleigh rides, and more, give travelers a chance to join locals in fun, annual traditions. We've rounded up the best of the fests—from Vermont to Alaska—for you to consider while vacationing in your favorite winter wonderland.
To many Americans, Minnesota is just another state in flyover country, somewhere between the East Coast and the Rockies, up there near Canada. But there's much more here than moose, mittens, and snow, and Minnesota's Twin Cities of Minneapolis and St. Paul consistently rank as two of the United States' top cities to live in. Minneapolis's thriving art scene, outdoor culture (even in the winter), affordable prices, and friendly atmosphere make this Midwest metropolis a perfect place for a weekend—or longer—escape.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Ten Things NOT to Do in Italy
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- 15 Things Not to Do in Paris
- Fodor's Approved: 15 Most Stylish Women's Shoes for Travel
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- 10 Best Ramen Shops in the U.S.
- World's Craziest Bar Concepts
- A Fool-Proof Amalfi Coast Itinerary
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- $165 & up -- Vancouver Westin 4-Star Hotel w/$1 ParkingThe Westin Bayshore Vancouver
- $225 & up -- D.C.: 4-Diamond St. Regis Hotel, up to 30% offSt. Regis Washington DC
- $1499 -- Castles & B&Bs of Ireland Vacation w/Air & CarAer Lingus Vacations
- $545 & up -- Waikiki 3-Nt. Vacations w/Air & Car RentalPleasant Holidays
- $20 & up -- Arizona Tour, Spa, Golf & Dining Deals, 70% OffVisit Arizona
- $1965 & up -- Moorea: 7-Nt. Vacations w/Air, Save $300Pleasant Holidays