News Stories Tagged Minneapolis
Capitalizing on America's "national shopping day", hotels across the country, located near major shopping malls, are packing in the perks. Here are six of the best Black Friday hotel deals.
Top Chef star Brian Malarkey, gearing up to open a new hotel restaurant at the trendy Mondrian Los Angeles, dishes to Fodor's on his favorite restaurants around the country.
Minnesota, with its gorgeous scenery, charming small towns, and flat terrain, is the perfect place for a road trip. Author Amy Thielen divulges her favorite in-state road trip with stops for everything from candy cigarettes to house-smoked Lake Superior fish.
The best city in the US for parks and the second best for bikes, Minneapolis has that whole quality of life thing down. Go now to ogle the awesome Sculpture Garden and dine like a (Nordic) king.
For all the interesting, artsy goings-on in the Twin Cities, there's a surprising lack of independently-owned boutique hotels. Until now, with the recent opening of the chic, new Commons Hotel.
To many Americans, Minnesota is just another state in flyover country, somewhere between the East Coast and the Rockies, up there near Canada. But there's much more here than moose, mittens, and snow, and Minnesota's Twin Cities of Minneapolis and St. Paul consistently rank as two of the United States' top cities to live in. Minneapolis's thriving art scene, outdoor culture (even in the winter), affordable prices, and friendly atmosphere make this Midwest metropolis a perfect place for a weekend—or longer—escape.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Places to Go This Fall
- 10 Best Casino Restaurants in the World
- Top 10 Fall Trips for Food Lovers
- 11 Must-See Ch?teaux Outside Paris
- 10 Best U.S. Train Trips to Take This Fall
- World's Best Golf Resorts
- Europe's 10 Most Epic Hiking Trails
- Long Weekend in Palenque, Mexico
- Top 5 New York City Activities for Teens
- How to Pack Light for a Trip
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $119 & up -- D.C. Area Hotel Sale thru Summer, 20% OffStarwood Hotels and Resorts
- $125 & up -- 4-Star San Diego Hotel in Fall, 35% OffThe Westin San Diego
- $134 & up -- Houston Hotels in Summer incl. $70 in ExtrasHilton Houston Post Oak and Hilton Americas-Houston
- $1898 -- 7-Nt. Pacific Northwest River Cruise, Half OffAmerican Queen Steamboat Company
- $1599 -- Peru & Machu Picchu 7-Night Trip w/Air, Save $580IB Travelin
- $1792 & up -- Bali & Singapore 6 Nights. Trip w/Air & HotelsTripMasters.com