News Stories Tagged Markets
Boldly emerging on the tourism scene, Ethiopia (aka the "cradle of humanity") proposes a tempting travel landscape where culture, nature, and history converge.
During the weeks before Christmas, holiday markets open across Europe and America. Crowds gather to watch Christmas carolers, lantern processions, and tree lightings, while they browse stands of handmade gifts, toys, and decorations. Here are our picks for the world’s best holiday markets.
Canada's Pacific Northwest jewel is ushering in fall with oodles of delights to take in, with activities both indoor and out, and decadent confections. Read on for the five best reasons to go to Vancouver in autumn.
A stroll through some of the world's best food markets can provide more entertainment, drama, and eye-candy than anything you'll find on the Food Network. These 15 iconic markets around the world are some of the richest in product, history, and local flavor.
Prefer organic rhubarb and strawberries to room service? The farmers market fervor is so strong that these five hotels have created special packages around their nearby markets.
Bangkok is a multi-sensory experience. So why should the city's largest flower market be any different? The bright colors, fragrant smells, and bustling action also make it the city's most enticing.
A cross between Hong Kong and Tokyo, Taipei offers everything from upscale design hotels to themed cafes, and a lot of Hello Kitty to boot.
Not sufficiently in the holiday spirit yet? Follow our intrepid writer through Europe's Christmas markets and feel the warm glow of yuletide cheer. Or at least get some good travel tips!
Christmas is magical in Naples, which starts from December 8th. Market vendors set up on Via San Gregorio Armeno, iconic nativity scenes are found all over town, and fairy lights line the narrow streets.
Every year in cities and towns across Europe, you'll find spectacular Christmas markets offering up unique and artisanal goods, local bites, and a truly magical holiday season.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 5 Reasons to Go to Charleston, South Carolina Right Now
- Ultimate Walt Disney World 2014 Planner
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts for Families in the US
- Europe's Best City Escapes for Spring
- America's 10 Best Spots for Seeing Wildflowers
- Fodor's Approved: 15 Most Stylish Women's Shoes for Travel
- 15 Budget-Friendly Spring Getaways for 2014
- Top 10 Places to Go This Spring
- World's Best Overwater Bungalows
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $2399 & up -- Luxury European Cruises incl. Free HotelWindstar Cruises
- $1299 -- Ireland: 6-Night Trip w/B&Bs & 5-Star CastleAer Lingus Vacation Store
- $379 & up -- Exotic Canary Islands & Morocco Cruise w/ExtrasNorwegian Cruise Line
- $476 & up -- Fiji Travel Deals up to $2000 OffTourism Fiji
- $3999 -- 12-Night South America Cruise on Oceania incl. AirOceania Cruises
- $3599 -- Balcony: Weeklong Mediterranean Cruise w/AirfareOceania Cruises