News Stories Tagged Madrid
The Only YOU Hotel & Lounge Madrid has debuted in Madrid's design- and fashion-conscious Chueca district as the first location for this brand-new boutique-hotel brand.
In Spain, the gin and tonic (called "gin tonics") is an art form with carefully chosen gin and small-batch tonics often prepared table-side. Indulge in this can't-miss cocktail at these five Madrid hot spots.
Purchase the Paseo del Arte (Art Walk) pass for easy access to three art museums in Madrid.
In Madrid, the Art Walk pass allows you to visit the Prado, the Reina Sofía, and the Thyssen-Bornemisza for €20.80. You can buy it at any of the three museums, and you don't have to visit all of them on the same day.
Admittedly, Europe's "Big 3" are hard to beat. But if you're looking for new experiences, our Europe-trotting Fodorites recommend where to go after you've been to Paris, London, and Rome.
These days, most people are watching their wallets, but a trip to Europe is just a seat sale or mileage redemption award away. Madrid is the perfect gateway for exploring the continent, although once you get a taste of this fabulous, multifaceted city you may just want to spend your whole vacation here: there's plenty to do and see, and lots of ways to save euros.
If you've never been to these museums, you're missing out. From ancient books in Ireland to modern architecture in Spain, here are Europe's essential museums.
Spain is a difficult country to see in just one trip. For this itinerary (download the pdf) from Spain 2008, we focus on the Madrid and Andalusia.... If you want to see Andalusia, Madrid should be your airport of choice. Barcelona, Spain's other main starting point, is really too far away to include in anything less than a two week vacation. You'll be relying mostly on the high-speed rail connection, the AVE, which can get you from Madrid to Córdoba in under three hours and passes through the exceptionally pretty Castilian countryside, filled with olive groves and rolling fields. Consider renting a car for your exploration of Seville and Granada.... The best months to go to Andalusia are the shoulder months of October and November, and April and May. You'll be able to see the cities going about their normal business, but with moderate temperatures and fewer crowds....
Days 1–3: Welcome to MadridThe elegant Plaza Mayor (photo, right) is the perfect jumping-off point for a tour of the...
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 11 Cyber Monday Travel Deals at Beach Hotels
- 15 Festivals to Attend Before You Die
- Ultimate Safari Planner
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Stocking Stuffers
- 10 Cheeses Worth Traveling For
- Venice's Ban on Cruise Ships: What it Means for You
- America's Best Wine Bars
- World's 10 Coolest Ice Hotels
- 15 Best Places to Drink Hot Chocolate in America
- 10 Best US Ski Resorts for Families
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $525 -- Luxe Rio de Janeiro Resort over New Year's EveSheraton Rio Hotel & Resort
- $699 & up -- Cancun All-Inclusive Beach Escape w/AirApple Vacations
- $949 & up -- Caribbean: 7-Nt. Cruise on World's Largest ShipRoyal Caribbean
- $599 & up -- Weeklong Southern Caribbean CruiseRoyal Caribbean
- $869 & up -- Westin Maui 3-Nt. Vacation w/AirPleasant Holidays