News Stories Tagged Machu Pichu
This year marks the hundredth anniversary of Machu Picchu's "discovery" by Yale University historian Hiram Bingham. We've got the basics to help plan your own exploration of this iconic symbol of Peru—and one of the world’s must-see destinations.
The Inca Trail is one of the world’s signature outdoor excursions. Though the journey by train is the easiest way to get to Machu Picchu, most travelers who arrive via the Inca Trail wouldn’t have done it any other way.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $219 & up -- Weekends at 4-Star Times Square HotelSheraton New York Times Square
- $309-$339 -- Suite at Waikiki Resort w/Beach Pkg., Save $200Embassy Suites Waikiki Beach Walk
- $162-$167 -- New Dominican Republic Hotel incl. BreakfastSheraton Santo Domingo
- $11.95 & up -- Rental Cars across the United StatesHotwire.com
- $5795* & up -- Business Class Flights for 2 on Luxe AirlineQatar Airways
- $3115 & up -- Bora Bora Upscale 5-Nt. Retreat incl. AirTahiti.com