News Stories Tagged Louisville
With an exciting list of culinary newcomers, including an upscale cocktail bar and a neighborhood taqueria, Derby City is rounding out its foodie reputation.
Whether you're a bourbon enthusiast or have never tried the American whiskey, we have the perfect weekend itinerary for your next trip to Louisville.
Chef Damaris Phillips' sunny Southern charm and cooking made her a Food Network Star, so this Louisville local was our go-to source for the low-down on food and fun in Kentucky's metropolis.
There's something you need to know about Louisville. It is the weekend trip you've been looking for. Think cocktails (of the bourbon variety), tons of art, great food, and chic shops.
We're still recovering from the first annual Bourbon Classic in Louisville that took us on distillery tours, to bourbon and food pairing events, and into geeky bourbon workshops. The first of many, we hope.
Let's be honest: even if all five reasons were bourbon, it would still be worth it. But really, Louisville has so much more to offer than just the Derby. Here are our top reasons why.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Places Where Summer Lasts Longer
- 10 Best Home Estate Tours in the U.S.
- How to Tip When Traveling Around the World | Fodor's
- 10 Things NOT to Do at Walt Disney World | Fodor's
- America's Best Oktoberfests
- 10 Books to Read Before You Go to Paris | Fodor's
- Top 10 Things to Do in Sonoma County (Besides Drink Wine)
- Fall 2014 Guide to Chicago
- Where to Go This Thanksgiving
- New Orleans' 10 Best Bars for Classic Cocktails
- $9.95 & up -- Rental Cars across the United StatesHotwire.com
- $169 -- FL: St. Augustine 4-Diamond Luxe Hotel, Save 55%Casa Monica Hotel
- $139 & up -- Bahamas Long Weekend Cruises incl. NassauNorwegian Cruise Line
- $25-$47 -- Amtrak: One-Way Northeast Fare Sale; Ends 10/2Amtrak
- $82* & up -- Toronto Fare Sale from Across the US, O/WToronto Escapes
- $679* & up -- Europe Fall Fares on 'Best Airline' (R/T)Lufthansa Airlines