News Stories Tagged Los Cabos
Las Ventanas al Paraiso, a 71-suite, award-winning Rosewood Resort in Los Cabos, is taking luxury to a new level with today's debut of a dozen lavish beachfront villas.
While an infinity-edge pool that glints under the sun is fabulous, nothing beats a private pool you need not share with other hotel guests. At these seven properties, enjoy a plunge pool to call your very own.
Hyatt recently announced the opening of their first venture into the all-inclusive resort market with the Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos. Plans are in place for more Hyatt all-inclusive resorts.
Model and actress Molly Sims has traveled around the globe for both work and pleasure. Here she divulges the places she loves most and returns to often.
On the tip of Mexico's Baja Peninsula, sun-drenched Los Cabos draws in everyone from honeymooners and celebs to hard-partying spring breakers. Here's how to get it right, no matter what you're looking for.
Think of Los Cabos and you'll probably have images of umbrella drinks and sandy beaches swimming in your head. Shake those off in favor of these awesome off-the-beach activities (think baby turtles).
Not all beaches are swimmable all the time (or ever). Flags on beaches alert you to the surf. Red flags warn of dangerous swimming conditions; yellow flags indicate that you should use caution; and green flags mark safe-swimming areas.
What once was the drink of the poor Mexican farmer is now produced en masse and enjoyed internationally, with countless varieties crowding shelves across the world. Unfortunately, lower-quality brands make up the bulk of exports, so if the thought of sipping this heady liquor turns your stomach, take some time to seek out some of a higher quality while you're in Los Cabos.
Every December through March, gray whales swim 8,000 km (5,000 mi) south from Alaska’s Bering Strait to the tip of the Baja Peninsula. Up to 6,000 whales swim past and stop close to the shore at several spots to give birth to their calves. Whale-watching boats—most of them pangas (small skiffs)—must get permission from the Mexican government to enter whale-watching areas.
Baja aficionados will tell you that you haven't explored the peninsula unless you've driven its length. Mexico Highway 1 (Carretera 1 or the Carretera Transpeninsular) run 1,700 km (1,054 mi) from Tijuana to Cabo San Lucas—a major journey, requiring at least a week one way. Unforgettable!...
Whether you're contemplating a romantic escape or a singles getaway for Valentine's Day, Los Cabos makes the perfect long-weekend destination. Here's what you need to know about where to stay and what to do.
In the first of a series of articles on travel to Mexico, a Fodor's editor—with the help of a few Fodor's writers and readers—weighs in on current safety south of the border.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 5 Reasons to Visit Cleveland Now | Fodor's
- Three Places in the Dominican Republic to Visit Now | Fodor's
- Where to Eat in NYC for Fall 2014
- 20 of the World's Best Romantic Hotels
- 20 Hotels That Are Soaked in History
- America's 10 Best Cocktail Bars
- 10 Best Halloween Celebrations in the U.S.
- Long Weekend in Copenhagen | Fodor's
- 4 Reasons to Explore the Alentejo | Fodor's
- How to Use Your Cell Phone Internationally
- $1399 & up -- 7-Nt. Jamaica All-Incl. Vacation w/AirApple Vacations
- $798* -- Exotic Cook Island fares from West Coast, R/T w/TaxAir New Zealand
- $1099 & up -- Cozumel: Weeklong All-Incl. Vacation w/AirApple Vacations
- $1215* & up -- Fly RT to Sydney or Auckland w/Fiji StopoverPacificislands.com
- $139-$159 -- 4-Star San Diego Hotel incl. Holidays, 50% OffThe Westin San Diego Gaslamp Quarter
- $139 -- Luxe Colorado Resort incl. Parking, 50% OffWestin Riverfront Resort & Spa at Beaver Creek Mountain