News Stories Tagged Kenya
Safari-bound travelers who don't want to give up the pampering, take note—Segera Camp just opened in Kenya with local artworks, solar energy, full-service bar, and open-air deck for sundowners.
If you're hankering for a look at the Big Five but don't want to give up modern creature comforts, this hotel is for you. Within the Olare Orok Conservancy, it blends plush amenities with gorgeous safari scenes.
A safari is a once-in-a-lifetime trip. Whether it's viewing game in Botswana, hanging with the Masai in Kenya, or gaping at the Great Migration. Here are our expert tips for planning your unforgettable safari.
Safaris are endlessly romantic—searching for beautiful animals, bumbling around in an uncovered Jeep, relaxing with nightly sundowners. Pack smart, and chic, for your African adventure.
Yesterday, the U.S. State Department issued an updated travel warning for US citizens living in or traveling to Kenya as a result of heightened terrorist activity and crime in the area.
This fall, there's more to scout out than the "Big Five" in Kenya. There are three new luxe hotels opening up and a safari camp from none other than Richard Branson.
Nothing beats a getaway with the girls, whether you hit a nearby foodie haven like Portland for the weekend or make it a far-flung jaunt to scope out the big five in Kenya or sip champagne in Australia.
More of you than ever have made Kenya your dream safari destination but here’s why more people doesn’t necessarily mean less enjoyment of the wildlife.
East Africans, as a rule, are a reserved and religious people. Wearing revealing clothing is considered very disrespectful.
In recent years, Kenya has quietly asserted itself to become an unbeatable destination for modern romantic and conservation-minded travel. Here are some tips for making the most of your Kenyan adventure, in the bush and on the beach.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Where to Go This Summer
- 4 Great Places to Stay Near Yellowstone National Park
- Fodor's Approved: Best Checked Luggage
- Best Day Trips from Paris
- The Beginner's Guide to Glamping
- Bangkok 101: What (and Where) to Eat
- 10 Best Small Towns in America
- Most Popular Honeymoon Destinations (and Where to Stay)
- Top 20 Spring Day Trips From New York City
- Summer 2013 Guide to New York City
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $3152 & up -- Italy Luxury Trip w/Air & Rail between CitiesSceptre Tours
- $92 -- Cabo: All-Inclusive Beachfront Resort, Save 50%Hotel Riu Sante Fe
- $150 & Up -- Old Montreal 4-Diamond Hotel, 40% OffLe Westin Montreal
- $2999 & up -- Sydney & New Zealand 12-Nt Escape w/ToursDown Under Answers