News Stories Tagged Kentucky
Whether you're a bourbon enthusiast or have never tried the American whiskey, we have the perfect weekend itinerary for your next trip to Louisville.
There's something you need to know about Louisville. It is the weekend trip you've been looking for. Think cocktails (of the bourbon variety), tons of art, great food, and chic shops.
You may have your hat packed and mint juleps on the mind, but there's more to doing the epic Kentucky Derby right. We turned to a few Louisville locals and got their hard-won secrets.
We're still recovering from the first annual Bourbon Classic in Louisville that took us on distillery tours, to bourbon and food pairing events, and into geeky bourbon workshops. The first of many, we hope.
No disrespect to the wondrous destination that is California wine country, but we think it's high time to shed light on the rest of the country's wine regions, from Arizona to, yes, even Kentucky.
Let's be honest: even if all five reasons were bourbon, it would still be worth it. But really, Louisville has so much more to offer than just the Derby. Here are our top reasons why.
Churchill Downs has announced an ultra-exclusive space on the sixth floor of the Clubhouse that will be invitation-only for both the Derby and the Oaks. They're calling it the Mansion.
From garlic to lobster and from Maine to California, there are endless food (and drink) festivals throughout the summer that celebrate the bounty of this delicious season. Here are our top picks.
No matter which way the road takes you, this country is filled with quirky, historic, and hilarious roadside stops. From circus museums to a giant T-Rex watching you golf, here are some of our favorites.
Churchill Downs, historic host track of the Kentucky Derby, is offering lots of new ways to soak up the thrill of sports' greatest two minutes this year.
The Hyatt Regency Louisville just completed a $5.8 million renovation. And that's not the only reason to hit Louisville—it's one of our favorite, unexpected foodie and art destinations.
Coming to Louisville for the heart-pounding two-minute Run for the Roses on May 7th? Now in its 137th year, the Kentucky Derby shines a light on all that Bluegrass Country has to offer, from its history of thoroughbreds to the future of bourbon.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Exchanging Your Money Abroad: 10 Simple Tips
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- Pot Tourism: How to Buy Marijuana in Colorado
- The 7 Best Family Beaches in the East
- Italy: What to Skip, and Where to Go Instead
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- A Fool-Proof Amalfi Coast Itinerary
- 10 Budget-Friendly Getaways for Spring 2015
- 6 Must-Have French Beauty Products
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts for Families in the US
- Top 10 Places to Go for Spring 2015
- $119-$139 -- Atlanta 4-Star Hotel incl. Weekends, 35% OffHilton Atlanta
- $69 & up -- Virginia Hotels and Resorts on Sale, Save 50%Virginia Tourism Corporation
- $2399 -- China 4-Star, 12-Night Tour w/Yangtze Cruise & AirGate 1 Travel
- $529 & up -- 7-Night Bermuda Cruises w/3 Days in PortNorwegian Cruise Line
- $1182 -- 10-Night Spring Ireland Vacation incl. Air and CarEuropean Destinations
- $59 & up -- Vegas: All-Suite Luxury Hotel, Save 60%Palms Place Hotel & Spa