News Stories Tagged Joshua Tree National Park
We love the West Coast in the summertime—it's balmy and breezy from Mexico to Alaska. So whether you've got a week off or just need a weekend away, we've assembled a hit list of coastal road trips.
Tired of the same ol' tropical getaways? No, we're not either, but this year we're dying to shake up the classic spring break trips. From skiing to zip-lining, you really won't miss the beach (or the crowds).
What exactly is Joshua Tree? Exactly. This desert land is where places like Hicksville and Pappy & Harriets can exist. Its an expansive National Park. And it begs for a day or two of your time.
Less than 30 miles from the center of Palm Springs, this arid wilderness starkly contrasts with the neighboring resort area. Spring is one of the most popular seasons, especially when the wildflower bloom, typically between March and April
Fodor's Top News & Features
- World's Best Honeymoon Destinations for 2014
- 15 Things Not to Do in Paris
- The 7 Best Family Beaches in the East
- World's Craziest Bar Concepts
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- Ten Things NOT to Do in Italy
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- A Fool-Proof Amalfi Coast Itinerary
- $99 -- Weekends at D.C. Hotel thru Summer, 35% OffTopaz, A Kimpton Hotel
- $69-$74 -- Orlando Resort w/Shuttles to Parks, 35% OffHoliday Inn Resort Orlando-Lake Buena Vista
- $179 & up -- 3-Day Cruise to the Bahamas on CarnivalCarnival Cruise Line
- $949 & up -- Oceanview: 11-Night Hawaii Cruise to 4 IslandsCarnival Cruise Line
- $2999 -- Australia 11-Nt. Trip incl. Sydney & Uluru w/AirAspire Down Under
- $899* & up -- Asia Fare Sale on 5-Star Airline, R/TSingapore Airlines