News Stories Tagged Israel
This balmy Mediterranean city is rich with history, culture, and a fantastic culinary tradition. Discover the buzzy metropolis decked out in these chic-meets-casual duds.
Tel Aviv's culture and beach lifestyle are intimately intertwined, with both day and night seemingly revolving around the beach. Here, a guide to savvily navigating its shores.
Tel Aviv is home to a hip new hotel, smack in the center of its coolest 'hood. The Shenkin Hotel is modern, with a chic rooftop terrace, Dead Sea-sourced bathroom amenities, and lots of local pride.
Israel is often visited for the holy sites of the world's three major monotheistic religions. But with great food, thrilling adventures, and a thriving nightlife scene, there's much more to this diverse country.
Renowned Israeli-born chef and New York Times-acclaimed cookbook author Yotam Ottolenghi recently released a follow up cookbook, Jerusalem, which turns back to the foods he grew up with. Here, he leads us to the best eats in Jerusalem.
Our first Fodor's Travel Tastemaker is none other than Southern (er, Canadian) chef-extraordinaire Hugh Acheson. We talked with him about all things food—road trip snacks, great meals he had in LA, and his upcoming trip to Israel.
We recently asked you, dear readers, about your most unforgettable travel experiences. And boy did you deliver—here are some of the most life-changing stories you told us.
Tel Aviv, the sunny city on the Mediterranean, has been heating up lately. It's filled with lively cafes, innovative dining, and an all-night party scene. Here's an insider's list of places to see and be seen.
The museum that holds Israel's largest collection of modern and contemporary art just doubled its exhibition space today with the opening of its new Herta and Paul Amir Building.
If you’re staying at a hotel, expect a substantial (even extravagant) buffet with breads and rolls, yogurts, hummus, cheeses, fresh vegetables and chopped salads, fruits, and even American-style foods such as pancakes and granola. This Israel breakfast is often included in the room price, but check. Some cafes serve the same spread. It’s enough to hold you for hours.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 15 Festivals to Attend Before You Die
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guides
- 11 Cyber Monday Travel Deals at Beach Hotels
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Stocking Stuffers
- 10 Best National Parks to Visit This Winter
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Under $100
- 10 Cheeses Worth Traveling For
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Kids
- Top 15 Warm-Weather Resorts for Families
- Ultimate Safari Planner
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $525 -- Luxe Rio de Janeiro Resort over New Year's EveSheraton Rio Hotel & Resort
- $699 & up -- Cancun All-Inclusive Beach Escape w/AirApple Vacations
- $949 & up -- Caribbean: 7-Nt. Cruise on World's Largest ShipRoyal Caribbean
- $599 & up -- Weeklong Southern Caribbean CruiseRoyal Caribbean
- $869 & up -- Westin Maui 3-Nt. Vacation w/AirPleasant Holidays