News Stories Tagged Iceland
The world's northernmost capital is a charming destination in all seasons. Here are some suggestions for what to bring in your suitcase.
Visit Iceland and the Faroe Islands, and tell your friends and family you’ve hiked a glacier, basked underneath the Northern Lights, and helicoptered over remote, dreamy islands.
We've narrowed down five top honeymoon recommendations for winter that offer the perfect setting for you to kick off your life together—in style.
In Iceland you can be sure that every experience will bring you closer to nature. But that's not to say that its capital city of Reykjavik isn't filled with wonderful culture, fantastic eats, and charm to spare.
Author Hannah Kent knows a thing or two about loving Iceland's rich literary side. From the Sagas to the country's oldest bookshop, here is her guide to seeing Iceland in a whole new light.
For what this quiet land lacks on the vacation popularity front, it makes up for in lustrous glacial landscapes. Its rugged natural beauty is also remote—here are 4 ways to reach it.
Fodor's caught up with George R.R. Martin, the grand storyteller behind HBO's award-winning series Game of Thrones, which returns for its hotly anticipated second season on April 1, at 9 pm. Here, he gives us a sneak peek at the film locations that represent his richly imagined Seven Kingdoms of Westeros, and more.
The results of our premier "Best of Europe" survey are in, and there are plenty of surprises, along with some predictable outcomes. As we expected, Fodorites are regular European travelers whose journeys take them far beyond the usual tourist track. Read on for more survey highlights.
Luxury tour provider Abercrombie & Kent has announced an Arctic cruise adventure worth planning ahead for. The company will be hosting an expedition voyage aboard the sleek, 199-passenger MV Le Boreal, for a 2013 foray into polar bear country.
The new year brings a slew of new cruises to suit every travelers' taste, from family-oriented, ten-day trips to the Caribbean, to luxury, round-the-world sailings that stop in dozens of exotic ports. We've been flooded with news from every cruise line about their 2013 voyages, and have identified our favorites to give you the scoop on the best of what's offered.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 5 Reasons to Go to Charleston, South Carolina Right Now
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts for Families in the US
- Ultimate Walt Disney World 2014 Planner
- Top 10 Places to Go This Spring
- 15 Budget-Friendly Spring Getaways for 2014
- Europe's Best City Escapes for Spring
- World's Best Overwater Bungalows
- Fodor's Approved: 15 Most Stylish Women's Shoes for Travel
- 15 Legendary Hotels Around the World
- America's 10 Best Spots for Seeing Wildflowers
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $779 & up -- Puerto Vallarta 4-Star Dreams Trip w/AirApple Vacations
- $749 & up -- 9-Night Bermuda & Caribbean Cruise, Save $600Royal Caribbean
- $549 & up -- Weeklong Caribbean Cruise in Spring, $440 OffRoyal Caribbean
- $99 & up -- Austin Hotels on Sale, up to 75% Offtrivago
- $489 & up -- Weeklong Bahamas Cruise to Nassau & FreeportCarnival Cruise Lines
- $3999 -- 12-Night South America Cruise on Oceania incl. AirOceania Cruises