News Stories Tagged Hawaii
It's not hard to find bliss in sunshine and warm breezes, particularly when you've made a fast retreat from winter's frosty edge. But there are places in this world where stays take you beyond bliss. Here are a dozen properties—some splurges and some saves—in beautiful, balmy settings where you'll be stretched and massaged, cocooned and cared for guilt free. In these places, you see, nurturing health and well-being, quieting the spirit, and pampering yourself are entirely the point.
Traveling to the farthest-flung state isn't cheap, but Hawaii has a collection of chic spots for reasonable prices. Enjoy all the Aloha State has to offer with these 10 affordable picks.
From the chic Food & Wine Festival to the wacky SPAM JAM In Waikiki, the flavors of this island's summer and fall festivals cater to a wide range of taste buds.
From French Polynesia to Bermuda, there's no shortage of tropical islands that draw cruise ships to their shores. Here are five to consider when planning your next romantic getaway.
This collection of a dozen Hawaii restaurants, most of which are Fodor’s Choice honorees, will make you want to book your flight to the Aloha State right now.
While many all-inclusive chains are well-known and already wildly popular, read on for 7 options that have remained blissfully under-the-radar or are new brand-new on the scene.
With winter weather creeping in, a Hawaii vacation sounds downright genius. Here are a a few island-friendly wardrobe picks, primed for stocking your suitcase.
From breathtaking beaches to world-class dining and aquatic adventures, these 10 Hawaiian resorts offer something for every desire from luxury to romance.
Fall is filled to the brim with festivals and new openings in Hawaii. Whether you go for a marathon, a lesson in coconut history, or to check out Maui's newest hotel, just make sure you go this fall.
Humpback whales are Hawaii's other visitors that show up every year. They stick around from December through May, making that the best time to go see them up close in all their glory.
If you needed one, the new Vive Hotel is happy to provide yet another reason to head to Waikiki Beach. Modern creature comforts mix with regional touches and Hawaiian cuisine at this new stay.
When on Maui, you'll have no trouble finding a good meal. Traditional huli huli chicken. Moist kalua pork. Fresh off the boat ahi tuna. Spicy Asian noodles. Come hungry.
Road trips are a favorite summer pastime and there are endless drives to take in the US. But there are a few that are truly iconic, passing stunning scenes and charming towns. Here are the 4 you just can't miss.
For when the kids get bored of building sandcastles while the parents hang out at the tiki bar, here are nine activities and destinations guaranteed to entertain the youngsters and the young-at-hearts alike.
Do you dream about going snout-to-snout with a bear, or at least observing a bear from a safe and responsible distance? These 10 trips come with bears, rays, bison, and more!
Craving an escape from your multitasking, tech-filled days? We recommend a farm stay, where the tactile pleasures of feeding animals, picking blackberries, and wading in a stream can be more restorative than a day at the spa. These 7 properties give you a taste of the simple life—if only for a week.
Honolulu's food and drink scene is having a major renaissance right now. So we turned to author Kristiana Kahakauwila for her insider tips on where to eat, drink, and get a taste of old Hawaii.
Make yourself at home among the volcanoes with the reopening of Hawaii's oldest property, (they started taking guests in 1846). There's nothing dated about these new retro-chic renovations, though.
This week we spanned the map of summer getaways, but we couldn't let you go without prepping you with insider tips on vacation rentals, cool airline amenities, and off-the-beaten-path spots.
Hawaii's sixth largest island, Lanai, is one of its least visited because there's just not much to do. But change and development are on the horizon, so head there now to discover its natural beauty sans crowds.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Stunning Hotels in Unexpected Places
- 10 Restaurants Worth a Day Trip in Europe
- 15 Best Beer Gardens in the U.S.
- 10 Last-Minute Beach Getaways for Summer
- 20 Best Day Trips in the U.S.
- World's Most Luxurious Wine Country Hotels
- Best Credit Cards for Travelers
- How to Cure Jet Lag
- Long Weekend in Lisbon
- Seafood Lover's Guide to Brittany, France
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $2011* & up -- Premium Economy Fares to Paris (Roundtrip)Air France
- $1275 & up -- Bangkok & Phuket 6-Nt. Trip w/Air & HotelsTripMasters.com
- $212 & up -- Boston 4-Star Hotel near Newbury St., 45% OffSheraton Boston
- Up to 10% Off -- Europe Car Rentals through SummerEnterprise
- $159-$199 -- San Diego 4-Star Waterfront Hotel, 35% OffSheraton San Diego Hotel & Marina
- $1639 & up -- Bangkok, Singapore & Hong Kong 9 Nts. w/AirTripMasters.com