News Stories Tagged Green Travel
Whether you're looking for a high-adrenaline adventure out on the slopes, the best spots for après-ski, or relaxing spa facilities for post-ski recovery, there's a perfect ski resort out there for you.
To celebrate Earth Day, we rounded up a handful of ways for all of us to travel greener and continue celebrating this gorgeous planet long after today—from hotels to gadgets and beyond.
The Global Sustainable Tourism Council has just released a draft of its Destination Criteria for sustainable tourism, and they want your input.
When you're on-the-go, why not go green? We rounded up seven of our favorite well-designed, eco-friendly, multipurpose products to help keep you organized and entertained on your journeys.
The "pop-up" phenomenon is finally catching on in the hotel sphere. A new breed of pop-up hotels offers unique, limited-duration lodging experiences to travelers, with runs typically lasting only a few months at a time. Pop into these four uniquely beautiful pop-up properties, set in inspiring locales worthy of dedicated trips, before they disappear.
It’s one thing for a hotel to tout "green" initiatives that smack of sustainability; it’s another thing for properties to actually practice what they preach. We’ve investigated a number of self-proclaimed leaders in the eco-consciousness branch of North America's hotel business. Here are our top picks that leave the others green with envy.
More of you than ever have made Kenya your dream safari destination but here’s why more people doesn’t necessarily mean less enjoyment of the wildlife.
Make sure the hotel you use is eco-friendly. Use local tour companies and services. Leave nothing but footprints; take away nothing but memories—or photos. Ecotourism is also about getting to know the locals and their culture. Visit a local farm, an artisan's co-op, or a village school.
If you’re considering a European getaway to a city where biking everywhere is the norm, digging into organic food is promoted, and recycling is expected, consider the following eco-friendly options.
If enough guests keep requesting it, more lodgings just might hop on the eco-bandwagon. And while you're thinking green, be sure to take consider re-using your towels.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Cheap and Chic: 10 Affordable Hawaii Hotels
- World's Best Destinations for Solo Travel
- 10 Castles You Can Actually Afford to Sleep In
- 10 Best Lakeside Hotels in the US
- Pot Tourism: How to Buy Marijuana in Colorado
- Where to Eat in San Francisco Now
- 5 Perfect Dublin Itineraries
- Where to Eat in Orlando Now
- 7 Great Food Festivals & Street Fairs on Oahu
- Top 6 Alaskan Cruises for 2014
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $899 & up -- Dreams: 4-Star Cancun Beach Retreat w/AirApple Vacations
- $99 & up -- British Virgin Islands Hotels up to 45% OffBritish Virgin Islands Tourism
- $224 & up -- NYC: Times Square Westin thru Summer, Reg. $400The Westin New York Times Square
- $1479 & up -- London & Paris 6-Nt. Package w/Air & HotelsEuropeanDestinations.com
- $449 & up -- Bermuda Weeklong Cruises w/ExtrasNorwegian Cruise Line
- $155-$199 -- 4-Star San Diego Hotel incl. WeekendsThe Westin San Diego