News Stories Tagged Galleries
No Europe jaunt would be complete without a hit of culture, so we put together the ultimate list of new openings, fab festivals, and more to pack into your summer itinerary.
We've thought of 5 reasons for East Coasters to brave chilly temps—an afternoon of culture. From the shadowy worlds of espionage to 80s underground culture, don't miss these exhibits.
Revisit the 50 most breathtaking shots that have graced the pages of National Geographic when you head over to the new exhibit at the Venetian in Las Vegas.
Florence may not be first on your list of up-and-coming cities, but the Renaissance City is constantly - forgive the pun - being reborn. Check out why we can't wait to go back.
Brooklyn's hot right now, particularly if you're in the Western hemisphere. But South Africa has its own answer to the hip vibes and cool spots—Cape Town's Woodstock neighborhood.
Known for its jazz festival, chewy bagels, and guilty pleasure snack poutine, Montreal is one of the best places for a city breaks in North America. And now its time to discover its underground art scene.
From the multicultural Kreuzberg neighborhood to mainstay galleries, Berlin's art scene is ever-changing. Here are this summer's must-sees.
After a ten-month renovation, Paris's contemporary art haven, the Palais de Tokyo, reopened to the public last week announcing ambitious and enticing plans for their upcoming exhibitions.
The Barnes Foundation, home to Albert Barnes' extensive collection of Impressionist, Post-Impressionist, and early Modern art, is set to debut its new Philadelphia campus. To commemorate the opening, visitors can enjoy free admission for ten days, from opening day May 19th to the 28th, and a Memorial Day weekend-long schedule of celebratory festivities.
There are many free docent-led tours every day, and a recorded tour of highlights is available for a $5 rental fee on the main floor adjacent to the rotunda. For a cheat-sheet tour, pick up the laminated "What to See in One Hour" (the same guide is available for the East Building and on the Web); it pinpoints 12 must-see masterworks. Learn more with our National Gallery of Art Review.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 11 Cyber Monday Travel Deals at Beach Hotels
- 15 Festivals to Attend Before You Die
- Ultimate Safari Planner
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Stocking Stuffers
- 10 Cheeses Worth Traveling For
- Venice's Ban on Cruise Ships: What it Means for You
- America's Best Wine Bars
- World's 10 Coolest Ice Hotels
- 15 Best Places to Drink Hot Chocolate in America
- 10 Best US Ski Resorts for Families
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $525 -- Luxe Rio de Janeiro Resort over New Year's EveSheraton Rio Hotel & Resort
- $699 & up -- Cancun All-Inclusive Beach Escape w/AirApple Vacations
- $949 & up -- Caribbean: 7-Nt. Cruise on World's Largest ShipRoyal Caribbean
- $599 & up -- Weeklong Southern Caribbean CruiseRoyal Caribbean
- $869 & up -- Westin Maui 3-Nt. Vacation w/AirPleasant Holidays