News Stories Tagged France
Less than a two-hour drive from Paris lies the near-mythical French region of Champagne, a (champagne) bucket-list destination for wine lovers who consider it the pinnacle of sparkling wine production.
The French Alps has welcomed the addition of brand-new plush property L'Apogée Courchevel. The ski-in, ski-out resort is the latest installment from the prestigious Oetker Collection hotel group.
Paris may have dibs on big city romance, but when it comes to the ultimate French weekend getaway, few towns can surpass Annecy, a romantic hamlet nestled in the Rhône-Alpes region.
Fodor's is partnering up with Tablet Hotels to bring a lucky pair one swanky, snowy, winter wonderland giveaway—a 5-night trip to the French Alps!
In northeastern France stands a new property, gleaming with contemporary design, gorgeous surroundings, and Michelin-starred cuisine. What are you waiting for?
This week we gave you a handful of reasons to visit some amazing locations, from Milwaukee to Cognac. But believe us there are far more than five reasons to go back again and again.
France is a famous lure for its art, culture, and fine wine, and now visitors are falling for Cognac, too, the city where Western France's most famous distilled spirit has been produced for centuries.
'Tis the season for truffled travels. With summer vacations firmly in the rearview mirror, hungry travelers can now hit the road to hunt, dig, and taste the world's finest fungi from October through January.
Autumn is Paris's busiest (and some say best) season. Go for the fashion, food, or festivals, but stay for the sweet new hotels and fantastic art exhibits.
Take two minutes this morning to watch this awesome video of an eagle in flight. A trainer strapped a GoPro camera to this beautiful eagle, hit record, and let it fly.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 US Islands Where You Can Beat the Winter Blues
- 5 Reasons to Go to Charleston, South Carolina Right Now
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts for Families in the US
- 10 Great Spots in Paris with a Literary History
- Top 10 Places to Go This Spring
- 15 Budget-Friendly Spring Getaways for 2014
- World's Best Overwater Bungalows
- Fodor's Approved: 15 Most Stylish Women's Shoes for Travel
- Where to Eat at This Year's SXSW Festival
- 15 Legendary Hotels Around the World
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $897* -- Fly to Exotic Cook Islands from West Coast, R/TAir New Zealand
- $3847 & up -- Greece: 9-Nt. Vacation w/Air & Island CruiseGreat Value Vacations
- $499 & up -- 5-Night La Romana All-Incl. Trip w/Air, 45% OffCheapCaribbean.com
- $2044 & up -- Scotland & Ireland B&B Vacation w/AirSceptre Tours
- $609 & up -- Hawaii 3-Night Vacations w/Air & Car RentalPleasant Holidays
- $2399 -- Luxe 10-Nt. Caribbean Cruise incl. Air, Save $2000Oceania Cruises