News Stories Tagged France
Paris may have dibs on big city romance, but when it comes to the ultimate French weekend getaway, few towns can surpass Annecy, a romantic hamlet nestled in the Rhône-Alpes region.
Fodor's is partnering up with Tablet Hotels to bring a lucky pair one swanky, snowy, winter wonderland giveaway—a 5-night trip to the French Alps!
In northeastern France stands a new property, gleaming with contemporary design, gorgeous surroundings, and Michelin-starred cuisine. What are you waiting for?
This week we gave you a handful of reasons to visit some amazing locations, from Milwaukee to Cognac. But believe us there are far more than five reasons to go back again and again.
France is a famous lure for its art, culture, and fine wine, and now visitors are falling for Cognac, too, the city where Western France's most famous distilled spirit has been produced for centuries.
'Tis the season for truffled travels. With summer vacations firmly in the rearview mirror, hungry travelers can now hit the road to hunt, dig, and taste the world's finest fungi from October through January.
Autumn is Paris's busiest (and some say best) season. Go for the fashion, food, or festivals, but stay for the sweet new hotels and fantastic art exhibits.
Take two minutes this morning to watch this awesome video of an eagle in flight. A trainer strapped a GoPro camera to this beautiful eagle, hit record, and let it fly.
It's easy to say that going to a hot destination in the off season will save you money, but the question remains—will it be as fun as the high season? In short... Yes. Here's how.
This might just be the whimsy capital of France. Nantes is chockablock with delightful, quirky, colorful discoveries from a Jules Verne-inspired theme park to ornate eateries. And its a breeze to get there.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 15 Festivals to Attend Before You Die
- 10 Best National Parks to Visit This Winter
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guides
- 10 Cheeses Worth Traveling For
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Under $100
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Stocking Stuffers
- World's 10 Best Ski Towns for Foodies
- Top 15 Warm-Weather Resorts for Families
- Incredible Private Pools at 7 Worldwide Hotels
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Kids
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $525 -- Luxe Rio de Janeiro Resort over New Year's EveSheraton Rio Hotel & Resort
- $699 & up -- Cancun All-Inclusive Beach Escape w/AirApple Vacations
- $949 & up -- Caribbean: 7-Nt. Cruise on World's Largest ShipRoyal Caribbean
- $599 & up -- Weeklong Southern Caribbean CruiseRoyal Caribbean
- $849 & up -- Westin Maui 3-Nt. Vacation w/AirPleasant Holidays