News Stories Tagged Expats
Native Hawaiian David Lee has been residing in Singapore for over a year now, and gives our intrepid reporter tips on how to live, what to buy, and ways to stay cool just one degree north of the equator.
Hong Kong is known for great food, buzzing nightlife, inspiring attractions, and for having one of the largest expat communities in Asia. One expat peels the curtain back on what it's really like to live there.
Life in this small Swiss city has its fair share of fondue and chocolate, not to mention cleanliness. But this expat has discovered there's even more to love about this beautiful, lakefront city.
Think life in Paris is all long lunches and pastel-colored macarons? Well...you'd mostly be right. But before you book your one-way ticket, read this expat's tale.
Ryan Murdock has seen it all—Mongolia to Nicaragua and more. And he recently decided to settle, for a few years at least, in an old palazzo on the Mediterranean island of Malta.
Travel journalist-turned-Peace Corps member Isabel Sterne traded NYC for Namibia last year. Hear her take on adjusting to a very different life in the starkly beautiful southern region of this African country.
We have all said it (often right around an election, but not always): "that's it, I'm leaving the country." And for many, the destination is Australia. Well this young man did it, and lived to tell the tale.
Missed a dose of Fodor's this week? We've got you covered with a roundup of the week's highlights. If you ask us, this weekend seems like the perfect time to catch up.
It is one thing to visit a foreign place and an entirely other thing to live in a country that's not your own. At the very least, you get to call yourself an expat, which sounds very chic. Here, one such expat expands on what it's like to live in Istanbul.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- World's Best Honeymoon Destinations for 2014
- 15 Things Not to Do in Paris
- The 7 Best Family Beaches in the East
- World's Craziest Bar Concepts
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- Ten Things NOT to Do in Italy
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- A Fool-Proof Amalfi Coast Itinerary
- $914 & up -- St. Croix 4-Star Beach Vacation w/AirApple Vacations
- $191 & up -- LA: Hotel Near Universal Studios, 35% OffSheraton Universal Hotel
- $2488 -- Luxe Ireland Castle Vacation w/Air & Car RentalAer Lingus Vacations
- $3052 & up -- Buenos Aires & Rio de Janeiro Trip w/AirLatinEscapes.com
- $175 & up -- 4-Star Phoenix-Area Resort incl. WeekendsSheraton Wild Horse Pass Resort & Spa
- $259 -- PA: Poconos Ski Resort w/All Meals, 40% OffSkytop Lodge