News Stories Tagged Expats
Hong Kong is known for great food, buzzing nightlife, inspiring attractions, and for having one of the largest expat communities in Asia. One expat peels the curtain back on what it's really like to live there.
Life in this small Swiss city has its fair share of fondue and chocolate, not to mention cleanliness. But this expat has discovered there's even more to love about this beautiful, lakefront city.
Think life in Paris is all long lunches and pastel-colored macarons? Well...you'd mostly be right. But before you book your one-way ticket, read this expat's tale.
Ryan Murdock has seen it all—Mongolia to Nicaragua and more. And he recently decided to settle, for a few years at least, in an old palazzo on the Mediterranean island of Malta.
Travel journalist-turned-Peace Corps member Isabel Sterne traded NYC for Namibia last year. Hear her take on adjusting to a very different life in the starkly beautiful southern region of this African country.
We have all said it (often right around an election, but not always): "that's it, I'm leaving the country." And for many, the destination is Australia. Well this young man did it, and lived to tell the tale.
Missed a dose of Fodor's this week? We've got you covered with a roundup of the week's highlights. If you ask us, this weekend seems like the perfect time to catch up.
It is one thing to visit a foreign place and an entirely other thing to live in a country that's not your own. At the very least, you get to call yourself an expat, which sounds very chic. Here, one such expat expands on what it's like to live in Istanbul.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Where to Go This Summer
- 4 Great Places to Stay Near Yellowstone National Park
- Fodor's Approved: Best Checked Luggage
- Best Day Trips from Paris
- The Beginner's Guide to Glamping
- Bangkok 101: What (and Where) to Eat
- 10 Best Small Towns in America
- Most Popular Honeymoon Destinations (and Where to Stay)
- Top 20 Spring Day Trips From New York City
- Summer 2013 Guide to New York City
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $3152 & up -- Italy Luxury Trip w/Air & Rail between CitiesSceptre Tours
- $92 -- Cabo: All-Inclusive Beachfront Resort, Save 50%Hotel Riu Sante Fe
- $150 & Up -- Old Montreal 4-Diamond Hotel, 40% OffLe Westin Montreal
- $2999 & up -- Sydney & New Zealand 12-Nt Escape w/ToursDown Under Answers