News Stories Tagged Entertainment
Whether you come for the gambling, the food, or the characters found on the Strip, stay for the shows (and these in particular). A new crop of superstars and Broadway shows are taking to Vegas's many stages.
Get those picnic baskets and bottles of wine out. It's time to hit the great outdoors for the annual bevy of summer music festivals that take the country by storm, from Tanglewood to the Hollywood Bowl.
Contrary to popular belief, Walt Disney World doesn’t close down entirely at night. In fact, many of the park’s most entertaining shows happen in the evening, and some activities and attractions are best visited after dusk, when crowds thin out.
Now that you've found your ideal seaside getaway through our Fodor's 80 Degrees by the Sea beach finder tool, it's time to start packing! We've rounded up five of our favorite beach reads, across several genres. Even better, you can enter for a chance to win one of these paperbacks to take with you on your next vacation.
Lunchtime concerts take place all over London in smaller concert halls, the big arts-center foyers, and churches; they usually cost less than £5 or are free, and feature string quartets, singers, jazz ensembles, or gospel choirs.
If you're in Sugar Hill after 9:30 pm, drop by St. Nick's Jazz Pub (http://www.stnicksjazzpub.net), a laid-back, tiny basement club that has been a local fixture for ages. Bring some bills to stuff into the tip jar that circulates, grab a drink, and enjoy the late-night jam sessions.
Don't miss the best deal in town—£10 tickets on Mondays. Tickets are available the day of performance, online at 9 am or in person at 10 am.
The Second City offers free improvisation following the last performance every night but Friday.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Cheap and Chic: 10 Affordable Hawaii Hotels
- 10 Best Lakeside Hotels in the US
- 10 Castles You Can Actually Afford to Sleep In
- World's Best Destinations for Solo Travel
- Pot Tourism: How to Buy Marijuana in Colorado
- Where to Eat in San Francisco Now
- 5 Perfect Dublin Itineraries
- Where to Eat in Orlando Now
- 7 Great Food Festivals & Street Fairs on Oahu
- Top 6 Alaskan Cruises for 2014
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $1599 -- 15-Night Hawaiian Islands Cruise w/$250 CreditCruCon Cruise Outlet
- $1799 & up -- Melbourne & Sydney 8-Nt. Trip w/Air, Save $760Goway Travel
- $1487 & up -- Rio & Buenos Aires 6-Nts. w/Air & TransfersTripMasters.com
- $129 & up -- Orlando: 4-Star Resort Inside Disney, Reg. $339BookIt.com
- $299 & up -- Ends 4/18: Caribbean Cruises w/Onboard CreditNorwegian Cruise Line
- $179 & up -- 4-Star Ft. Lauderdale Resort & Spa, 40% OffThe Westin Beach Resort & Spa, Fort Lauderdale