News Stories Tagged Dublin
Novelist Johanna Lane, a native of Ireland, shares some of her favorite spots off the well-trodden tourist route.
For a pint and a healthy dose of Irish literary history, head to one of these historic Dublin sites, many of which have been frequented by the greatest Irish writers in history.
Ireland's capital city boasts a burgeoning food scene, stylish boutiques, swanky hotels, and an outdoor adventure scene for travelers who like to get their blood pumping.
So you went to Dublin for St. Patrick's Day and clinked glasses with...other tourists. That's because the locals hit the pubs to celebrate Arthur's Day, a new-ish holiday in September.
Mixing modern design with a rustic Irish charm (no, really), The Marker is Dublin's hottest new hotel, situated in the Docklands area.
If you can survive St. Paddy's in Dublin, you can survive it anywhere... right? Find out what it takes to make it through those iconic, green-hued day(s) in true Irish style.
The Euro goes a long way in Dublin, which makes splurging even more special and saving even easier. Here are our top picks for when to save (and when to splash out) in the Irish capital.
It doesn't take long to see how rich Dublin's literary history is—statues and exhibits and favored pubs exist on every street corner. Discover the city's literary legends with this easy walking tour.
The land of rolling pastures and historic cathedrals (and Bono) is cooler than you might think. Here's an insider's take on the coolest things you can't miss on your next trip to the Emerald Isle.
Hitting a pub in Dublin is surely a can't-miss for travelers, but we can't say it's really worth dining in one. Instead, spot into one of these hot Dublin eateries for a taste of the local food scene.
Make this museum part of your St Patrick's day celebration today.
It’s impossible to think of Dublin without also thinking of its 1,000 or so "public houses." These are what give Dublin so much of its character, and they’re largely to blame for the fierce loyalty Dublin inspires among locals and visitors. It was hard research, but here are our favorite 6 pubs in Dublin.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- The 7 Best Family Beaches in the East
- Exchanging Your Money Abroad: 10 Simple Tips
- Ten Things NOT to Do in Italy
- Fodor's Approved: 15 Most Stylish Women's Shoes for Travel
- Fodor's Go List 2015
- Top 10 Places to Go for Spring 2015
- 4 Great Places to Stay Near Yellowstone National Park
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- A Fool-Proof Amalfi Coast Itinerary
- 10 Products and Services Every Super Traveler Needs
- $159 -- Hip Los Angeles Hotel w/Parking & $25 CreditHotel Angeleno
- $129 & up -- Southwest Florida 4-Diamond Resort, Save 60%The Westin Cape Coral Resort at Marina Village
- $4099 -- Australia: Uluru, Darwin & Thala Beach Escape w/AirAspire Down Under
- $2999 -- Monte Carlo to Rome: Luxe 7-Night Cruise w/AirOceania Cruises
- $191 & up -- LA: Hotel Near Universal Studios, 35% OffSheraton Universal Hotel
- $51 & up -- South Myrtle Beach Oceanfront Resort, Save 35%Landmark Resort