News Stories Tagged Dublin
Novelist Johanna Lane, a native of Ireland, shares some of her favorite spots off the well-trodden tourist route.
For a pint and a healthy dose of Irish literary history, head to one of these historic Dublin sites, many of which have been frequented by the greatest Irish writers in history.
Ireland's capital city boasts a burgeoning food scene, stylish boutiques, swanky hotels, and an outdoor adventure scene for travelers who like to get their blood pumping.
So you went to Dublin for St. Patrick's Day and clinked glasses with...other tourists. That's because the locals hit the pubs to celebrate Arthur's Day, a new-ish holiday in September.
Mixing modern design with a rustic Irish charm (no, really), The Marker is Dublin's hottest new hotel, situated in the Docklands area.
If you can survive St. Paddy's in Dublin, you can survive it anywhere... right? Find out what it takes to make it through those iconic, green-hued day(s) in true Irish style.
The Euro goes a long way in Dublin, which makes splurging even more special and saving even easier. Here are our top picks for when to save (and when to splash out) in the Irish capital.
It doesn't take long to see how rich Dublin's literary history is—statues and exhibits and favored pubs exist on every street corner. Discover the city's literary legends with this easy walking tour.
The land of rolling pastures and historic cathedrals (and Bono) is cooler than you might think. Here's an insider's take on the coolest things you can't miss on your next trip to the Emerald Isle.
Hitting a pub in Dublin is surely a can't-miss for travelers, but we can't say it's really worth dining in one. Instead, spot into one of these hot Dublin eateries for a taste of the local food scene.
Make this museum part of your St Patrick's day celebration today.
It’s impossible to think of Dublin without also thinking of its 1,000 or so "public houses." These are what give Dublin so much of its character, and they’re largely to blame for the fierce loyalty Dublin inspires among locals and visitors. It was hard research, but here are our favorite 6 pubs in Dublin.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 20 US Places to See Before You Die
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- Checking In: Park Hyatt New York
- World's Best Cruises for 2015
- 5 Reasons to Visit Houston Now
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- 5 Reasons to Visit Addis Ababa Now
- World's Best Honeymoon Destinations for 2014
- Top 5 Things to Do in Queens
- $198 & up -- Aruba: Luxe Adults-Only, All-Incl. Beach ResortBookIt.com
- $599* & up -- Fly to Brazil from the U.S. (Roundtrip)TAM Airlines
- $114 -- 4-Star Washignton D.C. Hotel incl. Wi-Fi, Half OffBookIt.com
- $895 -- Norway: Northern Lights Winter Expedition, $800 OffHurtigruten
- $319 -- Maui Oceanfront 4-Star Resort, Save 30%The Westin Maui Resort & Spa, Ka'anapali
- $1299 & up -- Ireland Tour: Dublin, Killarney & LimerickTourism Ireland