News Stories Tagged Connecticut
It's a good bet that when summer reaches sticky hot temps, you start hankering for a toes-in-the-sand weekend on a New England beach. We've rounded up where to go this summer, with a foodie focus.
You head home for Thanksgiving every year—why not get the family together somewhere new? From beachy Kiawah Island to colonial Mystic, these escapes might just inspire new family traditions.
Few places scream summer quite like The Place. This bright red, picnic table-laden roadside clambake has been serving summer staples (grilled corn, lobster, roasted clams) since the 1940s.
We're checking in on Yosemite Falls, keeping an eye out for Kayak's hot new IPO, and looking toward the future of Connecticut tourism—it's been a busy morning.
Room rates at MGM Grand at Foxwoods in Connecticut vary dramatically depending on how full the hotel is, with Web specials as low as $80 a night, so it’s worth both checking online for last-minute deals and booking far in advance when possible.
Every September and October, leaf peepers arrive to cruise along country lanes, join outdoor adventures, or simply stroll on town greens. We've got the basics to plan your trip, from tips to help predict the peak to downloadable Itineraries.
In New England, shoppers can pick up serious antiques or quirky bric-a-brac in old mills and converted barns. Or hit funky galleries or annual craft fairs to meet artisans and buy one-of-a-kind products.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Italy: What to Skip, and Where to Go Instead
- 10 Best Doughnut Shops in the U.S.
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in Paris
- Pot Tourism: How to Buy Marijuana in Colorado
- 10 Best Caribbean All-Inclusive Resorts for 2015
- The 7 Best Family Beaches in the East
- Fodor's Approved: 15 Most Stylish Women's Shoes for Travel
- Ten Things NOT to Do in Italy
- 10 Things to Do in Orlando Besides Theme Parks
- Exchanging Your Money Abroad: 10 Simple Tips
- Ultimate Guide to Louisville's Hip Neighborhoods