News Stories Tagged Community
We asked readers in the Fodor's Forums how they're feeling about returning to India in the wake of the fatal incident in New Dehli in December. Read on to learn what they had to say.
Privacy can be hard to come by in an airport. Read on to hear the chatter from the Fodor's Forums about TSA's new privacy standards for security scanners.
From the Forums and destination guides, to Facebook and Twitter, Fodorites have many ways of using Fodor’s travel intelligence to research and plan their perfect trips. We’re excited to introduce you to a new platform to enhance your travel experience even further – Broadcastr.
With the disaster in Japan and the temporary closure of several Hawaii hotels, it's a reminder than even the most well-planned trips can benefit from insurance. What kind of coverage do you honestly need—comprehensive, medical-only, or financial default? Do you even need trip insurance at all? Our Trip Insurance 101 explains.
England’s Yorkshire inspired the Brontë sisters’ classic novels including Jane Eyre, released March 11 in a new film version. Here are the best places around Haworth to explore the dramatic landscapes and quiet corners of Brontë Country.
The most well-traveled ladies prep properly ahead of overnight flights to get off the plane looking put-together and ready to go. Fodorites know the tricks—from the best layers to wardrobe basics that work for comfort and practicality on board as well as at your destination. Check out these must-have women's clothing items from our forums.
Most travelers try to make the most of their limited time overseas, yet fail to take into account the leap in time zones they make in a matter of hours. It can take your body's internal clock several days to catch up to that leap, and in the meantime you’re likely to experience the disruption of your sleeping and waking cycle. Here are our top tips to fight jet lag.
Want to experience Gross National Happiness? Lisa Napoli, the author of Radio Shangri-La: What I learned in Bhutan, the Happiest Kingdom on Earth shares her insider tips to help plan your Bhutan trip.
If you're like most travelers, your largest single expense is probably lodging. Make sure you get your money's worth with these seven tips for dealing with hotel troubles.
It's peak Caribbean cruise season as everyone seeks to escape the winter weather. Here are 11 things to keep in mind before you board the ship, for both first-time cruisers and seasoned regulars.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 15 Festivals to Attend Before You Die
- 10 Best National Parks to Visit This Winter
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guides
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Under $100
- World's 10 Best Ski Towns for Foodies
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Stocking Stuffers
- 10 Cheeses Worth Traveling For
- Incredible Private Pools at 7 Worldwide Hotels
- Top 15 Warm-Weather Resorts for Families
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Kids
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $449 & up -- 5-Night Bermuda Cruise on Royal CaribbeanAmerican Express Travel
- $257 & up -- Riviera Maya All-Inclusive Adults-Only ResortExcellence Riviera Cancun
- $419 & up -- 4-Night Caribbean Cruise to CozumelRoyal Caribbean
- $1599 & up -- 'World's Best' Caribbean Cruises, over 60% OffWindstar Cruises
- $894* -- Fly to Exotic Cook Islands from West Coast, R/TAir New Zealand