News Stories Tagged China
The largest city proper in the world, Shanghai offers up world-class sightseeing and dining in a city that embodies the crossroads of East and West.
For travelers looking to venture away from the tourist hot spots, check out these Asian cities that promise authentic experiences away from the throngs.
Located an hour north of Shanghai, this verdant city is a hub for food and culture that should be on your next China itinerary.
From a tasting tour of China's regional cuisines to a cooking class in the foothills of Morocco's Atlas Mountains, these 10 food-focused experiences are among the tastiest in the world.
The most populous city in China is booming, and brimming with exciting quarters to explore. Once you're ready to set off to Shanghai, in style, here's what to pack.
Welcome to your sixth mission as an international traveler of mystery: Beijing. Your mission? Mixing the city's rich history with its contemporary culture with expert precision.
Behind Hong Kong's towering skyline skyscrapers is a world of unique, diverse downtown enclaves, from the bohemian to the sports-obsessed. Here are 5 off-the-beaten-track Hong Kong attractions.
The new building, which could hold 20 Sydney Opera Houses, is a monument to materialism, with cinemas, malls, hotels, offices, a mock Mediterranean village, and a waterpark all housed inside.
The Chinese government claims the new airport in the sacred Yading mountains will drive prosperity and tourism in the area, but the plans have been met with opposition from other parties.
Racing between Shanghai and Beijing, China's bullet train is an awesome way to avoid domestic Chinese airlines and travel the country in style. Here's the good, bad, and most helpful tips.
Six eateries that range from fine dining to afternoon tea, a sleek spa complete with crystal steam room, and plush modern rooms, the new Mandarin Oriental is an escape in bustling Shanghai.
Hong Kong is one of Asia's most exciting cities. But after a few days of crowds and hustle-bustle, you may need a break. These 5 day trips offer a slower pace not far from the city center.
Some spectacular new sites earned coveted spots on the UNESCO World Heritage Sites list last week, representing the best of what the world has to offer in natural and cultural beauty.
Mainland China's first W Hotel opens at the end of March, in "flower city" Guangzhou. It promises to bring a mix of charm and modern cool with an indoor pool, five eateries, and all-white rooms.
River cruises can offer a whole new way to see an exotic locale. Take a trip down the Mekong River with AmaWaterways for an immersive and luxurious experience.
Called the culinary capital of Southern China, Guangzhou has a new major player in town. The new Mandarin Oriental boasts more than 5 eateries and its design expertly mixes East with West.
Feeling a little down on your luck? Was 2012 not your year? Check out our list of the luckiest places on earth, and maybe you'll turn your luck around in the new year.
This island metropolis is hotter than ever, with fantastic food and wine paired with great music and cultural events. Pack these chic picks to stay cool in Hong Kong.
Fall and winter is the best time to head to Hong Kong—weather is lovely compared to humid summer months, there are festivals galore, and, excitingly, its Hairy Crab season!
With 3,896 rooms, three pools, and a hotel staff that can speak 19 languages combined, the Sheraton Macao became the largest hotel to open worldwide this year. And they're not even done yet.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 25 Things To Do in New York This Fall
- Europe's 10 Most Epic Hiking Trails
- 10 Best U.S. Train Trips to Take This Fall
- Global Entry vs. TSA PreCheck: Which One Is Right for You?
- 10 Places to Go This Fall
- How to Get a Seat Upgrade
- Ultimate Guide to European Rail Passes
- What's the One Thing Fodor's Editors Never Travel Without?
- Wine Lover's Guide to St. Helena
- Vote for Fodor's Travel to Go to the 2015 SXSW Festival
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $1065 & up -- 6-Nt. Madrid & Barcelona Trip w/Air & HotelsEuropeanDestinations.com
- $89* & up -- Canada: Fare Sale from Across the U.S., O/WAir Canada
- $219 -- Hawaii: Waikiki 4-Star Beach Resort, Save 30%Waikiki Beach Marriott Resort and Spa
- $2668* & up -- Fly to Australia in Premium Economy, R/TAir New Zealand
- $1647 & up -- Bangkok, Singapore, Hong Kong 9-Nt. Trip w/AirTripMasters.com
- $1424 -- Oceanview: 10-Nt. Hawaii Cruise w/All Drinks & TipsCruCon Cruise Outlet