News Stories Tagged Castles
Fairy-tale castles, medieval strongholds, and fortresses from the Far East round out our list of the world's 20 most spectacular palaces.
Treat yourself like a royal without forking over a fortune at these 10 affordable castle hotels.
These 10 restaurants in castles will transport you to the trappings of a fairytale, and the kitchens do an equally noble job with the cuisine.
Do you sometimes wish you had an HRH before your name? Do you catch yourself practicing your princess wave in the shower? Then these hotels and castles, and their ties to royals, are for you.
We don't want to make you upset, but the season finale of Downton Abbey (in the US anyway) is this Sunday. Instead of missing the Crawleys, why not travel like one?
Whether you watch Downton Abbey or not, no one would turn down the chance to rest like royalty for a few nights. Here are a few choice places to do just that, no matter your budget.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- A Fool-Proof Amalfi Coast Itinerary
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- 15 Things Not to Do in Paris
- Ten Things NOT to Do in Italy
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- 5 Reasons to Visit El Salvador
- Top 20 Free Things to Do in Paris
- World's Craziest Bar Concepts
- $225 & up -- D.C.: 4-Diamond St. Regis Hotel, up to 30% offSt. Regis Washington DC
- $1499 -- 7-Night French River Cruise w/Drinks & TipsCMV River Cruises
- $145* & up -- Flights to Portland, Ore., into Spring (R/T)Travel Portland
- $109 -- Suite at Wisconsin Indoor Water Park Resort, 40% OffTimber Ridge Lodge & Waterpark
- $1597* & up -- Business Class Flights to Europe, RoundtripSkylux Travel
- $125-$129 -- Suite: 4-Star Orlando Hotel w/Shuttles, 60% OffBookIt.com