News Stories Tagged Canada
Picturesque Vancouver Island is the perfect destination for lovers of beer, wine, coffee, and tea.
Québec's capital offers the perfect weekend getaway for Francophiles seeking a bit of joie de vivre. Check out five reasons to visit Québec City now.
There's something wonderfully comforting about an old-school ski resort. They're not hip, they're not cool, and that is precisely the point. Read on for five of our favorites.
Canada's Pacific Northwest jewel is ushering in fall with oodles of delights to take in, with activities both indoor and out, and decadent confections. Read on for the five best reasons to go to Vancouver in autumn.
Your days in Quebec City could easily be filled with monuments, museums, and charming neighborhoods. But save time for food—you won't want to miss the fantastic cuisine that blankets the city.
Cape Breton (In Nova Scotia. In Canada.) has flown under Americans' radars for too long. With delectable seafood, stunning landscapes, and affordable-meets-luxe hotels, it should be your first fall getaway.
As if its pastoral painting-quality rolling hills and lakes weren't enough to entice you to visit this fall, the Okanagan Valley had to plan the Fall Wine Festival. Now you have to go.
Do you dream about going snout-to-snout with a bear, or at least observing a bear from a safe and responsible distance? These 10 trips come with bears, rays, bison, and more!
Canada loves cowboys; so much so that every July, the world's richest outdoor rodeo on the planet takes place in Calgary, Alberta. We giddied up to this year's event, and lived to tell the tale.
If you have visions of a luxe, modern getaway set against a classic craggy Canadian shore, you're now in luck. Fogo Island Inn is gorgeous, remote, modern, and stays true to its local roots.
Toronto has always been one of our northern neighbor's hot-spots for art, music, food, and nightlife, but this cool Canadian city really comes alive in the summer. And we think now is the time to check it out.
Niagara Falls is a bucket-list-worthy sight to behold, whether you're ogling it from the Canada side, the NY side, or both. Here's how to check it out from every angle.
Cape Breton is a lush, emerald jewel on Canada's eastern coastline. With Scottish heritage, stunning rocky shores, and deep green valleys, it makes a dramatic backdrop for a summer road trip.
Summer is the best time to explore Canada's expanses by car—the snow is gone, wildflowers are in bloom, and what's a summer road trip without fresh seafood? Here are four ways to go.
Nature factors into everything in Vancouver, from the diverse and thriving food scene to the ample opportunities to hike high and swim low. Spring and summer is the best time to experience it all.
Canada's largest city is a terrific food destination with five Chinatowns, two Little Italys, a Greektown, and a constant string of openings. From Yorkville to Ossington Ave, here's where to dine now.
Surrounded by the jagged, snow-dusted Rockies on every side, Canmore is an adventurer's (and a photographer's) dream, where you can indulge in the great outdoors all year round.
Nothing is as hot in Canada in wintertime as the Montreal en Lumiere festival. (Nothing's really hot at that time, anyway, but you know what we mean.) We went, we saw, (we ate a lot), we conquered.
You don't have to be in Rio to celebrate Carnaval—why not head to Quebec to party sub-zero style? Think ice hotels, mulled wine, and maple syrup, and you're in for a real treat.
This is not your average beach day. This time, you're hitting the sand in inclement weather on purpose. Storm watching in Tofino, BC, is a spectacular show on a wind-swept stage.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Stunning Hotels in Unexpected Places
- 10 Restaurants Worth a Day Trip in Europe
- How to Pack Light for a Trip
- 15 Best Beer Gardens in the U.S.
- World's Most Luxurious Wine Country Hotels
- Best Credit Cards for Travelers
- 20 Best Day Trips in the U.S.
- 10 Last-Minute Beach Getaways for Summer
- How to Cure Jet Lag
- 10 Natural and Organic Beauty Products Worth Packing
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $802* & up -- Europe Summer Fare Sale from the U.S., R/TAir France
- $183* -- Coast-to-Coast Fares into November, One WayVirgin America
- $2899 & up -- Australia: Queensland Trip w/Barrier Reef TourTourism and Events Queensland
- $234 & up -- Cayman Island Travel Deals; Save up to 40%Cayman Islands Department of Tourism
- $9.10 & up -- Car Rentals across the U.S.CarRentals.com
- $1965 & up -- Sydney, Melbourne & Auckland 9 Nights w/AirTripMasters.com