News Stories Tagged Cairo
From the depths of the Diwan bookstore to the flavors of a basterma croissant, author Pauls Toutonghi (of Evel Knievel Days) takes us on a tour of Cairo from an insider's perspective.
Egypt has lured world wanderers for millennia with some of civilization’s grandest treasures. From the Great Pyramid of Giza to King Tutankhamun’s tomb to mystical temples dotting the Nile, the country has long held a spot on on adventurers’ bucket lists. Now, with tour prices dramatically slashed, ancient wonders decadently devoid of crowds, and the thrill of political change in the air, there may never be a better time for savvy travelers to dash to Egypt.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- 15 Things NOT to Do in New York City
- Ten Things NOT to Do in Italy
- Top 6 Alaskan Cruises for 2014
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- The 7 Best Family Beaches in the East
- 10 Best Regional Theaters in the U.S.
- World's Best Honeymoon Destinations for 2014
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- $772* & up -- Nationwide Winter Fares to Europe, RoundtripAir France
- $171 & up -- 4-Star Phoenix-Area Resort incl. WeekendsSheraton Wild Horse Pass Resort & Spa
- $329 & up -- 6-Nt. Carnival Cruise to Jamaica & Grand CaymanCarnival Cruise Line
- $49* & up -- Nationwide Fare Sale on Alaska Airlines, O/WAlaska Airlines
- $152 & up -- Puerto Rico: Old Town San Juan HotelSheraton Old San Juan
- $20 & up -- Arizona Tour, Spa, Golf & Dining Deals, 70% OffVisit Arizona