News Stories Tagged Burma
Visit the mysterious Land of the Golden Pagodas—Myanmar—with AmaWaterways, starting in November 2014.
Mysterious Myanmar tops every intrepid traveler's wish list. Explore the long-closed-off country's historic temples and modern culture and cuisine starting with these musts.
Burma (or Myanmar) is a mysterious blend of old and new—ancient temples and ethnic dress combine with 5 star resorts and an influx of modernity. Go now, before the rest of the world does.
Sanctuary Retreats' luxe new Sanctuary Ananda—custom built in Yangon—will soon sail Myanmar's Irrawaddy River.
They say that Myanmar today is what the rest of Southeast Asia used to be—after you've seen Angkor Wat and explored Chiang Mai, this is your next stop. Start planning with these key tips.
Myanmar is one of the latest must-see places on earth. Traveling with a tour provider can help you make the most of your time, so our writer tried out two for you. You're welcome.
Exploring the fabled regions of the Far East is infinitely easier by sea. And Voyages to Antiquity is one of a small group of luxe ships that can carry you to (and educate you on) Myanmar and its neighbors.
Orient-Express reaffirms its commitment to tourism in country-less-traveled Burma (or Myanmar) with the construction of its second river cruiser, which will sail the Irrawaddy and Chindwin rivers.
Grand Circle Cruise Line unveiled a new small ship tour along the Irrawaddy River in Burma. Tough to get to as solo travelers, these tours will offer further access into an otherwise still-mysterious country.
Always wanted to go to Burma? Have no idea what you might be in for? These guys have the answers to all your questions from how to get into the country to what foods to avoid (hint: it's crab).
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Top Bakeries Across the US
- World's 10 Best Trips for Wine Lovers
- Pot Tourism: How to Buy Marijuana in Colorado
- 20 Gorgeous Seaside Towns in Italy
- Cheap and Chic: 10 Affordable Hawaii Hotels
- 10 Castles You Can Actually Afford to Sleep In
- 10 Best Lakeside Hotels in the US
- World's Best Destinations for Solo Travel
- 7 Great Food Festivals & Street Fairs on Oahu
- Where to Drink in Chicago Now
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $1100* & up -- Fly to Chile from Across the U.S. (R/T)LAN
- $1778 & up -- Peru & Machu Picchu 7-Nt. Trip w/Air & TourTripMasters.com
- $2441 & up -- France: Burgundy & Provence River CruiseAvalon Waterways
- $129-$169 -- Colorado: Aspen 4-Star Hotel, Reg. $399Westin Snowmass Resort
- $856 & up -- Costa Rica Volcano & Forest 6-Nt. Trip w/AirTripMasters.com
- $1528 & up -- Escorted 7-Nt. Sicily Splendors Land-Only TourApple Vacations