News Stories Tagged British Columbia
Whether you're looking for a high-adrenaline adventure out on the slopes, the best spots for après-ski, or relaxing spa facilities for post-ski recovery, there's a perfect ski resort out there for you.
As if its pastoral painting-quality rolling hills and lakes weren't enough to entice you to visit this fall, the Okanagan Valley had to plan the Fall Wine Festival. Now you have to go.
Do you dream about going snout-to-snout with a bear, or at least observing a bear from a safe and responsible distance? These 10 trips come with bears, rays, bison, and more!
We love a luxe getaway as much as the next person. But sometimes, adventure calls. And these land-and-sea adventures, from easy to hard, are all within a stone's throw of Vancouver.
Nothing beats a getaway with the girls, whether you hit a nearby foodie haven like Portland for the weekend or make it a far-flung jaunt to scope out the big five in Kenya or sip champagne in Australia.
While the lack of snowfall across the U.S. and Canada has made this year's ski season less than ideal, a host of resorts are riding all-time highs when it comes to new amenities and adventures. From zipline tours, to a free fall waterslide, to old-fashioned sledding, there are plenty of activities to keep you busy on and off the mountain.
Sometimes it takes an intervention program to sever the smartphone tether, so here are our favorite retreats that require forfeiting your little handheld addiction and making the conscious decision to purge.
Even though the formal start of winter is two full months away, now is the time to grab incredible early-season ski deals. Resorts across North America are rolling out tons of packages, and we've gathered the best so you can plan to hit the powder fast.
Though long considered one of B.C.’s most sublime summer environments, Tofino has managed to transform the hostile winter of Vancouver Island’s west coast into both a surfing and storm-watching destination between November and March. No one's really sure when the concept of "bad weather" morphed into "good weather," but on the tourism-friendly Pacific Rim, nasty storms are usually considered quite fine indeed.
British Columbia is an outdoorsy person’s paradise; there are activities galore, from walking in Stanley Park in downtown Vancouver to kayaking, skiing, snowboarding, zip-lining, you name it. Make sure to bring good shoes, maybe even an extra pair—it definitely gets damp on the West Coast.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 15 Festivals to Attend Before You Die
- 10 Best National Parks to Visit This Winter
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guides
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Under $100
- 10 Cheeses Worth Traveling For
- World's 10 Best Ski Towns for Foodies
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Stocking Stuffers
- Incredible Private Pools at 7 Worldwide Hotels
- Top 15 Warm-Weather Resorts for Families
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Kids
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $525 -- Luxe Rio de Janeiro Resort over New Year's EveSheraton Rio Hotel & Resort
- $699 & up -- Cancun All-Inclusive Beach Escape w/AirApple Vacations
- $949 & up -- Caribbean: 7-Nt. Cruise on World's Largest ShipRoyal Caribbean
- $599 & up -- Weeklong Southern Caribbean CruiseRoyal Caribbean
- $849 & up -- Westin Maui 3-Nt. Vacation w/AirPleasant Holidays