News Stories Tagged Brazil
The World Cup is expected to draw 300,000 fans from across the globe to Rio de Janeiro, so finding a place to stay there can be tricky. Here's our guide to finding alternatives to overpriced hotels.
Next year, crazed soccer fans the world will descend upon Brazil, host of the 2014 World Cup. Start planning your own winning trip to Brazil with the "World Cup Fever" section on Fodors.com.
With the World Cup less than a year away, now's the time to visit this sizzling South American city before the soccer crowds descend. Here's a primer on what to bring for a Rio fling.
Concerns over Brazil's ability to host the 2014 FIFA World Cup event mount, but the tourism board responds with assurances of increased investment, construction, and price monitoring.
It draws you in with the allure of beaches, thrilling adventures, and idyllic wine regions, but South America has just as much to offer in the way of great cuisine. Here are three ways to discover it all.
From trendsetting Ipanema to local favorite Copacabana, aspiring beachgoers in Rio de Janeiro have tons of options for a sun-drenched day on the sand.
Journalist and author Scott Wallace has been treading where few dare—in the deep depths of the Amazon, in search of a tribe known as the Arrow People. Here, his meditation on what it took, and what came from the adventure.
Craft beers are a trend the world over, and South America is jumping on the bandwagon. Moving beyond its award-winning wines, locals and visitors to the region are enjoying local brews.
Thinking of a trip to South America this winter? Why not their winter? Their cooler months (our summer months) are a great time to go for lower rates and seasonal activities with fewer tourists.
Rio runs on snacks, from bar food to snack food to street food, that are well worth hunting down across the city. Here are the can't-miss bites that locals crave, from sweet popcorn to bowls of acai.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Cheap and Chic: 10 Affordable Hawaii Hotels
- 10 Castles You Can Actually Afford to Sleep In
- 10 Best Lakeside Hotels in the US
- Pot Tourism: How to Buy Marijuana in Colorado
- Where to Eat in San Francisco Now
- 5 Perfect Dublin Itineraries
- World's Best Destinations for Solo Travel
- 7 Great Food Festivals & Street Fairs on Oahu
- Where to Drink in Chicago Now
- 10 Top Bakeries Across the US
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $39 & up -- Amtrak: One-Way Northeast Fares, 25% OffAmtrak
- $149-$179 -- Palm Springs 4-Star Resort, 45% OffThe Westin Mission Hills Golf Resort & Spa
- $594* & up -- Fly to Ecuador from the U.S. (R/T)LAN
- $130 & up -- Downtown Chicago 4-Star Hotel, Save 45%The Westin Chicago River North
- $119 & up -- New Orleans Hotels on Sale, up to 75% Offtrivago
- $231 & up -- Upscale All-Incl. Cancun Resort w/Flight CreditBookIt.com