News Stories Tagged Books
These outstanding titles will make fine additions to any coffee table, beach bag, carry-on, or kitchen shelf.
Get to know the real New York through these classic and contemporary titles, which paint a complex and endearing portrait of this one-of-a-kind metropolis.
Whether you've been a dozen times or you're planning your first trip to Paris, these 10 classic and contemporary titles are must-read portraits of the City of Light.
Even in this digital era, the world is home to more than a few bookshelf-lined shops that beg to be browsed for hours on end.
Not sure what to read on your summer getaway? Check out our list of 10 books to consider.
Even if you're not the most observant tourist, it's hard not to take notice of the literary history that abounds in Madrid. Here are five essential stops on any literary tour of Spain's capital.
One of the best food writers working now, Anya von Bremzen has a new book out that goes back to her roots, exploring the foods of Soviet Russia. Here, she talks travels past, present, and future, with plenty of culinary highlights thrown in.
Few destinations are as closely linked to literature as England's Lake District. Long-loved by iconic authors (and their characters), it's filled to the brim with historic homes and idyllic scenes.
The Isle of Jersey today is a tax haven and vacation spot. But in Victor Hugo's day, it was a mystical island and was his home after political exile from France. Author M.J. Rose returned to Hugo's Jersey to research her latest novel. Here she unearths her best finds.
We've made no secret of how much we love The NoMad, and now we want you to discover it for yourself. Enter our NoMad Experience Sweepstakes to win dinner for two and more.
Don't be stuck combing the bookshelves at the airport snack stand—pack any of the new reads on our list and you'll be racing to turn the last page before your cross-country flight lands.
A lover of, and expert on, all things South of France (including, but not limited to quirky characters and great food and wine), Peter Mayle has brought us on countless adventures through Provence, Marseille, and beyond. We caught up with him to chat about his latest caper.
Jane Austen aficionados know that this week is the 200th anniversary of Pride and Prejudice. To honor it, we've drawn up an Austen-inspired itinerary (i.e. another excuse to hit the English countryside).
He's written some of our favorite series—No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency, ahem—set in far corners of the world, making us feel like we were solving mysteries with Mma Ramotswe. We caught up with Alexander McCall Smith himself to chat about Botswana and beyond.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- A Fool-Proof Amalfi Coast Itinerary
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- 15 Things Not to Do in Paris
- Ten Things NOT to Do in Italy
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- 5 Reasons to Visit El Salvador
- Top 20 Free Things to Do in Paris
- World's Craziest Bar Concepts
- $184 & up -- NY: Luxe 4-Star Times Square Hotel, 25% OffInterContinental Hotels Group
- 15% Off -- Save Now on Weekend Car RentalsCarRentals.com
- $149-$169 -- Florida: Pensacola Hotel Spring Sale, 40% OffVisit Pensacola
- $179 & up -- Bahamas Atlantis thru Spring w/$200 in CreditAtlantis, Paradise Island, Bahamas
- $636 & up -- Asia Fare Sale on Top 10 Airline, R/TKorean Air
- $344 -- 4-Night Bahamas Oceanview Cruise w/CreditCruises.com