News Stories Tagged Big Island
Do you dream about going snout-to-snout with a bear, or at least observing a bear from a safe and responsible distance? These 10 trips come with bears, rays, bison, and more!
A family trip to Hawaii's Big Island would be one filled with outdoor thrills, animal adventures, and educational experiences. Top it off with great food, and you've got unforgettable memories, too.
Come for the Kilauea Volcano, and stay on Hawaii's Big Island for the culture and cuisine. With the recent opening of the Lava Lava Beach Club, the island's got a whole new look and feel.
Check out this family-owned ranch for ATV riding and home-cooked meals.
Discounts on golf are often available for resort guests and for those who book tee times on the web, as well as for those willing to play in the afternoon instead of the morning. Twilight fees are also usually offered; call individual courses for information.
The Big Island's "Heritage Drive," a 4-mi loop just off the main highway, is well worth the detour for its scenic views and lush foliage.
Experienced surfers find good waves to ride beyond the reef at Kahalu‘u Beach Park on Hawaii's Big Island.
Waterfalls in Hawaii can have dangerous currents swirling beneath them.
In addition to the obvious relaxation benefits of any spa trip, the Big Island's spas have done a fantastic job incorporating local traditions and ingredients into their menus.
While evacuation precautions thankfully ensured the safety of residents and visitors, the recent tsunami caused property damage to several waterfront properties. At this writing, two Big Island hotels are temporarily closed. If you have an upcoming reservation, be sure to contact your hotel directly for the latest updates.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in Paris
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- 7 Under-The-Radar All-Inclusive Resorts
- 15 Under-the-Radar Vacation Destinations
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- World's Best Honeymoon Destinations for 2014
- 10 Places to Go This Winter
- How to Use the Internet to Find the Best Airplane Seats
- Black Friday/Cyber Monday 2014: The Best Travel Deals
- $152 & up -- Downtown Los Angeles 4-Star Hotel, $100 OffThe Westin Bonaventure Hotel & Suites
- $899 -- Andes & South America 16-Night Cruise on PrincessPrincess Cruises
- $179 & up -- 4-Star Ft. Lauderdale Resort & Spa, Save 50%The Westin Beach Resort & Spa, Fort Lauderdale
- $53 & up -- Hotels in Mesa, Arizona up to 45% offVisit Mesa
- $599 & up -- Jamaica: Riu Negril Getaway w/Air, Save $300CheapCaribbean.com
- $72 & up -- Portland Hotel Deals up to 55% OffTravel Portland