News Stories Tagged Big Island
Do you dream about going snout-to-snout with a bear, or at least observing a bear from a safe and responsible distance? These 10 trips come with bears, rays, bison, and more!
A family trip to Hawaii's Big Island would be one filled with outdoor thrills, animal adventures, and educational experiences. Top it off with great food, and you've got unforgettable memories, too.
Come for the Kilauea Volcano, and stay on Hawaii's Big Island for the culture and cuisine. With the recent opening of the Lava Lava Beach Club, the island's got a whole new look and feel.
Check out this family-owned ranch for ATV riding and home-cooked meals.
Discounts on golf are often available for resort guests and for those who book tee times on the web, as well as for those willing to play in the afternoon instead of the morning. Twilight fees are also usually offered; call individual courses for information.
The Big Island's "Heritage Drive," a 4-mi loop just off the main highway, is well worth the detour for its scenic views and lush foliage.
Experienced surfers find good waves to ride beyond the reef at Kahalu‘u Beach Park on Hawaii's Big Island.
Waterfalls in Hawaii can have dangerous currents swirling beneath them.
In addition to the obvious relaxation benefits of any spa trip, the Big Island's spas have done a fantastic job incorporating local traditions and ingredients into their menus.
While evacuation precautions thankfully ensured the safety of residents and visitors, the recent tsunami caused property damage to several waterfront properties. At this writing, two Big Island hotels are temporarily closed. If you have an upcoming reservation, be sure to contact your hotel directly for the latest updates.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- The 7 Best Family Beaches in the East
- 10 Budget-Friendly Getaways for Spring 2015
- Exchanging Your Money Abroad: 10 Simple Tips
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in Paris
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- 10 Things to Do in Orlando Besides Theme Parks
- A Fool-Proof Amalfi Coast Itinerary
- Fodor's Go List 2015
- 10 Best Caribbean All-Inclusive Resorts for 2015
- Italy: What to Skip, and Where to Go Instead
- $76-$93 -- SoCal: Rancho Mirage Hotel w/Free ParkingGreater Palm Springs Convention & Visitors Bureau
- $219 & up -- 4-Star Midtown Manhattan Westin, 20% OffThe Westin New York Grand Central
- $129 -- Palm Beach: Famed 4-Diamond Golf Resort, 40% OffPGA National Resort & Spa
- $325* & up -- Stockholm Fares from the West Coast, One WayNorwegian Air Shuttle
- $1999 -- Morocco 11-Night, 7-City Escorted Adventure w/AirGate 1 Travel
- $155* & up -- Flights to Palm Springs into July (Roundtrip)Greater Palm Springs Convention & Visitors Bureau