News Stories Tagged Bermuda
From French Polynesia to Bermuda, there's no shortage of tropical islands that draw cruise ships to their shores. Here are five to consider when planning your next romantic getaway.
Do you suffer from Vacation Deprivation? If you're an employee in America, the answer is most likely yes. We're here to defeat it once and for all, starting with Bermuda.
Bermuda is 600 miles off the coast of North Carolina. That's a two hour flight from NYC before you're digging your toes in the sand. If you're still not convinced, we've got more reasons to go now.
Retreating to the posh pink beaches of Bermuda is always a good idea—there's golf to play, festivals to attend, and crystal blue waters to laze by. Style your trip right with these peppy pieces.
The northern end of Court Street in the City of Hamilton is off the typical tourist trail, so you can find some great local eateries and a taste of day-to-day Bermuda life. Be warned, this area is not advisable after dark.
It is an offense in Bermuda to appear in public without a shirt, even for joggers. Also, leave your cutoffs, short shorts, and halter tops at home. This rule may seem arcane, but most Bermudians appreciate the decorum.
The island’s notoriously narrow, twisting roads have a particularly high accident rate, and drinking-and-driving is a problem. Don't be scared, just be aware.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Places to Go This Fall
- 10 Best Casino Restaurants in the World
- Top 10 Fall Trips for Food Lovers
- 11 Must-See Ch?teaux Outside Paris
- 10 Best U.S. Train Trips to Take This Fall
- World's Best Golf Resorts
- Europe's 10 Most Epic Hiking Trails
- Long Weekend in Palenque, Mexico
- Top 5 New York City Activities for Teens
- How to Pack Light for a Trip
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $199 & up -- Downtown Chicago 4-Star Hotel, Save 65%The Westin Chicago River North
- $219 -- Hawaii: Waikiki 4-Star Beach Resort, Save 30%Waikiki Beach Marriott Resort and Spa
- $8.50 & up -- Car Rentals across the U.S.CarRentals.com
- $721* & up -- Europe Fall Fares from the U.S., R/TAir France
- $79 & up -- Bahamas: Atlantis Resort w/Credit, Half OffBookIt.com
- $1901 & up -- Italy: Tuscan Castle & Rome Villa Trip w/AirGreat Value Vacations