News Stories Tagged Berlin
Here are seven great spots for tippling next time you find yourself in Germany's most exciting city.
Berlin's ubercool aesthetic extends from its art scene, culture, architecture, and nightlife into its striking street style. Pack these chic picks and you're sure to stand out in Berlin's hip, eclectic crowd.
Berlin's new Brandenburg Airport has become an embarrassment for the city, and for Germany as a whole, as they announce further delays and complications, without setting a new opening date.
Every year in cities and towns across Europe, you'll find spectacular Christmas markets offering up unique and artisanal goods, local bites, and a truly magical holiday season.
Once you've decided to visit Berlin, next you've got to work out which neighborhood to use as home base, which is best for oggling street art, and which has the chicest cafes. We're breaking it down.
From the multicultural Kreuzberg neighborhood to mainstay galleries, Berlin's art scene is ever-changing. Here are this summer's must-sees.
Berlin's new airport gets fresh delays, Delta discovers a greedy computer glitch, and Steve Wynn finds himself a swank apartment with Central Park views. Here's what we're reading this morning.
From Noma's sold out pop-up stint in London to Air Canada's costly mishap, here are the headlines we're reading right now.
On June 3rd, more than 20 years after the fall of the wall that separated East and West Germany, travelers to and from Berlin will again unite, this time under the roof of one major international airport.
Berlin’s new hospitality company, Plus One Berlin, allows visitors to experience local flavor. Along with smart live-like-a-local apartment accommodations in Berlin’s up-and-coming Kreuzkölln nabe, every guest that books through Plus One Berlin is paired with an in-the-know local to give them an insider's take on the real Berlin.
Perusing flea market fare in foreign cities can be a rewarding experience. You’ll spend the day rubbing shoulders with local shoppers and vendors, and you can usually find truly unique souvenirs to bring home. Herewith a rundown of our favorite flea markets around the globe.
The best way to visit the beautiful Reichstag dome in Berlin, Germany without waiting in line is to arrive at 8am, or to make a reservation for the pricey rooftop Käfer restaurant, which includes access to an entrance at the right of the Reichstag's main staircase.
A night out at a Broadway show, opera, or concert can easily set you back a cool Benjamin (or more). While students and seniors can often catch a price break, finding discounted seats requires a bit more digging for the rest of us. Read on for some terrific tips on snagging great seats and getting cultured on the cheap.
Admittedly, Europe's "Big 3" are hard to beat. But if you're looking for new experiences, our Europe-trotting Fodorites recommend where to go after you've been to Paris, London, and Rome.
Berlin's near obsession with design is the city's calling card, and touches everything from grand architectural projects to the smallest knickknack souvenirs.
August the 13th marks fifty years since construction began on The Berlin Wall (Berliner Mauer) and even though the divider came down over twenty years ago it still manages to be one of the city’s main tourist draws.
Buy a Berlin WelcomeCard. Buy Berlin discount cards to save on public transport. Sold by EurAid, Berliner Verkehrsbetriebe offices, the tourist office, and some hotels, the Berlin WelcomeCard entitles one adult and three children under age 14 to either two or three days of unlimited travel in the ABC fare zones for €18.90 or €25.90, respectively, and includes admission and tour discounts.
Don't be fooled by the term "off season." Now is the best time to take advantage of travel deals; the crowds are gone and many hotels and airlines have dropped their rates. We've rounded up our favorite value fall travel destinations, where you'll get the same luxuries for a fraction of the price.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Stunning Hotels in Unexpected Places
- 10 Restaurants Worth a Day Trip in Europe
- 15 Best Beer Gardens in the U.S.
- 10 Last-Minute Beach Getaways for Summer
- 20 Best Day Trips in the U.S.
- World's Most Luxurious Wine Country Hotels
- Best Credit Cards for Travelers
- How to Cure Jet Lag
- Long Weekend in Lisbon
- Seafood Lover's Guide to Brittany, France
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $2899 & up -- Australia: Sydney Trip w/Air & Tours, $460 OffDestination New South Wales
- $899 -- Suite on Princess 7-Night Cruises w/$275 CreditCruCon Cruise Outlet
- $2999 -- 7-Night Luxury Cruise to Tahiti on WindstarWindstar Cruises
- $2149 & up -- Luxe China River Cruise w/Air, $1100 OffVacances Sinorama
- $309-$339 -- Suite at Waikiki Resort w/Beach Pkg., Save $200Embassy Suites Waikiki Beach Walk
- $2899 & up -- Australia: Queensland Trip w/Barrier Reef TourTourism and Events Queensland