News Stories Tagged Beer
Picturesque Vancouver Island is the perfect destination for lovers of beer, wine, coffee, and tea.
The most famous beer gardens in the world may be in Munich, but that doesn’t mean you need to head overseas to enjoy this al fresco drinking pastime.
For a lover of brews, there's no place quite like New Zealand. Tour the region like a pro with our complete guide to Kiwi beer country.
What's old is new again, as brewers across the country rediscover the ancient alcoholic beverage mead. Discover the historic, heady beverage at small-batch tasting rooms and craft distilleries nationwide.
Unlike their predecessors, the newest producers aren’t aiming for mass production. Instead, they’re focusing on small-batch products created with premium ingredients that are often organic and locally sourced.
While the temperature is dropping in Toronto, the city's bar scene is just heating up. Here's our look at where to drink in Toronto right now.
You're familiar with California's wine country, sure, but have you experienced beer country? San Diego is home to more than 70 craft breweries. One insider guides us to the best of the best.
If you haven't been to Singapore in the past three years, it's almost as if you haven't been there at all. Read on for five reasons why this tropical outpost warrants more than just an extended layover.
Avid beer lovers will pour into Denver (get it?) next month to try an enormous collection of American beers—more than 600 breweries will be pouring. Here's one local's tips to doing it right.
It’s the time of year to raise a mug to the biggest 16 days in beer-drinking—Oktoberfest. Here are 15 great places to visit and learn a little bit about exactly what goes into a grog, while sampling a few, too.
So you went to Dublin for St. Patrick's Day and clinked glasses with...other tourists. That's because the locals hit the pubs to celebrate Arthur's Day, a new-ish holiday in September.
In a new marketing stunt, Heineken asked random travelers at JFK to "drop everything" and fly to a random, exotic location on the spot, assigned by a "departure roulette" board. What would you do?
From breweries and distilleries to homemade bourbon cake and classic crispy fried chicken, you will not go hungry (or thirtsy) in Virginia. Drive an hour (or less) from its major cities and you're in foodie heaven.
Drinking outdoors is a favored pastime in NYC for both locals and visitors. So as the temperatures start rising, we're giving you the upper hand with our list of the best new alfresco hotspots.
Wine and beer treatments might be old hat in Europe, but from Chicago to Chile, New World spas are discovering the beauty of a spirits-inspired spa day.
Vermont is a food lover's heaven with farmers' markets, microbreweries, working farms, the Ben & Jerry's factory, and tons more. Here's the perfect Vermont road trip filled with culinary stops.
To say Oregon has a lot of breweries would be a huge understatement. Portland alone has more than 50—here are the best beer stops in the state, and what to taste when you get there.
It may be too late to book it to Munich for Oktoberfest this year, but this insider's guide to all things beer and Bavarian eats (as well as where to stay) will set you straight for Oktoberfest 2013.
Craft beers are a trend the world over, and South America is jumping on the bandwagon. Moving beyond its award-winning wines, locals and visitors to the region are enjoying local brews.
Drinking beer in Colorado is almost a religious experience; it continually ranks in the top 5 states for US beer production (and, we assume, consumption). Stop into these top microbreweries to see why.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 25 Things To Do in New York This Fall
- Europe's 10 Most Epic Hiking Trails
- 10 Best U.S. Train Trips to Take This Fall
- Global Entry vs. TSA PreCheck: Which One Is Right for You?
- 10 Places to Go This Fall
- How to Get a Seat Upgrade
- Ultimate Guide to European Rail Passes
- What's the One Thing Fodor's Editors Never Travel Without?
- Wine Lover's Guide to St. Helena
- Vote for Fodor's Travel to Go to the 2015 SXSW Festival
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $679* & up -- Europe Fall Fares on 'Best Airline' (R/T)Lufthansa Airlines
- $8.50 & up -- Car Rentals across the U.S.CarRentals.com
- $183* & up -- Coast-to-Coast Fares into 2015, One WayVirgin America
- $1282* & up -- New Zealand Fares from West Coast, R/T w/TaxAir New Zealand
- $164 & up -- Bahamas Luxe All-Inclusive Resort, Save 55% Riu Palace Paradise
- $1368* & up -- Fly to Australia: 6 Cities on Sale, R/TAir New Zealand