News Stories Tagged Bars Pubs
In Spain, the gin and tonic (called "gin tonics") is an art form with carefully chosen gin and small-batch tonics often prepared table-side. Indulge in this can't-miss cocktail at these five Madrid hot spots.
Chicago is a food-lover's town that expertly mixes the high with the low (deep-dish pizza, meet grass-fed beef tartare). So we did our homework and found the top spots to snag a table in the Windy City now.
We know you don't need a glass of wine on your way to visit your loved ones this holiday season. We wrote this for your friend. Tell your friend to plan his or her layovers accordingly.
Beer gardens have been popping up across the country lately, but some are better than others. These choice gardens have quality food, tons of beers on tap, and long wooden benches to spare.
With the hit TV show Portlandia gaining a cult following, the City of Roses has been thrust into the national spotlight. With an ever-growing coffee, beer, and food scene, this Pacific Northwest gem is now known as so much more than just a city with pretty flowers. Read on for our roundup of recently opened establishments in Portland, Oregon, worth checking out on your next visit here.
To distinguish the real gold from the sparkling pyrite, look for a qualified bar staff (a uniform of white shirt and black trousers is a good sign), at least one man over sixty drinking at the bar (he should know the good bars by now, right?), no TV, and no recorded music (a pub is a place to talk).
It’s impossible to think of Dublin without also thinking of its 1,000 or so "public houses." These are what give Dublin so much of its character, and they’re largely to blame for the fierce loyalty Dublin inspires among locals and visitors. It was hard research, but here are our favorite 6 pubs in Dublin.
Whether you're a foodie, a partier, a music lover, an art aficionado, or an antiques hunter, there's something for you in New Orleans—just let go and "laissez les bons temps roulez," or "let the good times roll!"
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- 5 Small Airlines You Should Know
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in Paris
- 10 Books to Read Before You Go to New York City
- Fodor's Approved: 10 Best Carry-On Bags for 2014
- Top 15 Beach Destinations for Winter Escapes
- 5 Reasons to Visit Nuremberg
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- World's Best Honeymoon Destinations for 2014
- 7 Under-The-Radar All-Inclusive Resorts
- $1824 & up -- Florence Cooking & Wine Escape w/Car, AirGreat Value Vacations
- $2865 & up -- Australia 6-City Land Only Trip incl. UluruSpringboard Vacations
- $579 & up -- Punta Cana: 4-Star, All-Inclusive Escape w/AirCheapCaribbean.com
- $726* & up -- 2015 Fares to Europe from the U.S., R/TAir France
- $1999 -- Dubai & India 9-Night Trip w/Air & Tours, Save $775Friendly Planet Travel
- $885 & up -- Sheraton Maui 3-Nt. Escapes w/Air & Car RentalPleasant Holidays