News Stories Tagged Bars Pubs
In Spain, the gin and tonic (called "gin tonics") is an art form with carefully chosen gin and small-batch tonics often prepared table-side. Indulge in this can't-miss cocktail at these five Madrid hot spots.
Chicago is a food-lover's town that expertly mixes the high with the low (deep-dish pizza, meet grass-fed beef tartare). So we did our homework and found the top spots to snag a table in the Windy City now.
We know you don't need a glass of wine on your way to visit your loved ones this holiday season. We wrote this for your friend. Tell your friend to plan his or her layovers accordingly.
Beer gardens have been popping up across the country lately, but some are better than others. These choice gardens have quality food, tons of beers on tap, and long wooden benches to spare.
With the hit TV show Portlandia gaining a cult following, the City of Roses has been thrust into the national spotlight. With an ever-growing coffee, beer, and food scene, this Pacific Northwest gem is now known as so much more than just a city with pretty flowers. Read on for our roundup of recently opened establishments in Portland, Oregon, worth checking out on your next visit here.
To distinguish the real gold from the sparkling pyrite, look for a qualified bar staff (a uniform of white shirt and black trousers is a good sign), at least one man over sixty drinking at the bar (he should know the good bars by now, right?), no TV, and no recorded music (a pub is a place to talk).
It’s impossible to think of Dublin without also thinking of its 1,000 or so "public houses." These are what give Dublin so much of its character, and they’re largely to blame for the fierce loyalty Dublin inspires among locals and visitors. It was hard research, but here are our favorite 6 pubs in Dublin.
Whether you're a foodie, a partier, a music lover, an art aficionado, or an antiques hunter, there's something for you in New Orleans—just let go and "laissez les bons temps roulez," or "let the good times roll!"
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 5 Reasons to Go to Charleston, South Carolina Right Now
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts for Families in the US
- Ultimate Walt Disney World 2014 Planner
- Top 10 Places to Go This Spring
- 15 Budget-Friendly Spring Getaways for 2014
- Europe's Best City Escapes for Spring
- World's Best Overwater Bungalows
- Fodor's Approved: 15 Most Stylish Women's Shoes for Travel
- 15 Legendary Hotels Around the World
- America's 10 Best Spots for Seeing Wildflowers
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $99 & up -- Austin Hotels on Sale, up to 75% Offtrivago
- $2999 -- Kenya 7-Nt. Safari w/Game Drives & Air, $400 OffFriendly Planet Travel
- $143 & up -- San Francisco Hotels on Sale, up to 75% Offtrivago
- $189 & up -- Bahamas: 3-Day Cruise to NassauCarnival Cruise Lines
- $15 & up -- Nationwide Car Rentals in Spring, 65% OffHertz
- $2399 & up -- Luxury European Cruises incl. Free HotelWindstar Cruises